1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:00
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Case or satchel?

😲
    Case, satchel, what's the difference? It's where I stash my free beer.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:071 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I didn't know the answer, why you won't give one is interesting.
    Your line of questioning is also interesting. You assume I'm republican and claim to not know who I would prefer...

BUSTED!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:271 edit
    Simple question. Who would you prefer Bernie or Trump?
    I would prefer Bernie, but only with Trump as his VP.

It would be 24/7 live entertainment. I want to see how many times Trump tries to fire him.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:282 edits
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Are you kidding? Do we hear Trump promising free beer? No, we don't.

I rest my case.
    Exactly.

Hell, Trump does not even promise a free Obamaphone. Screw'em! 😠
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:32
    Originally posted by whodey

It would be 24/7 live entertainment. I want to see how many times Trump tries to fire him.
    So for president you prefer a democrat over a republican in this scenario?
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    03 Feb '16 22:56

LoL

We don't actually need Bernie for this to be entertaining. A Trump/Cruz or Cruz/Trump ticket could provide some real life entertainment.

In my mind it's still a crap shoot how this could all play out, because republican establisment types are still able to ignore and bypass a popular candidate for one of their own. They've done so in the past, and there's really nothing to stop them from doing it again.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 01:18
    Exactly.

Hell, Trump does not even promise a free Obamaphone. Screw'em! 😠
    I have an idea for an official Bernie Sanders song... (sorry Arlo).

"You can get
    anything you want
    at Bernie Sanders res-tau-rant..."

whaddayathink?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 02:50
    So for president you prefer a democrat over a republican in this scenario?
    "Free" health care, "free" college, what's not to like? What could possibly go wrong?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 02:54
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    LoL

We don't actually need Bernie for this to be entertaining. A Trump/Cruz or Cruz/Trump ticket could provide some real life entertainment.

In my mind it's still a crap shoot how this could all play out, because republican establisment types are still able to ignore and bypass a popular candidate for one of their own. They've done so in the past, and there's really nothing to stop them from doing it again.
    I'll give you a quick preview, Hillary will win.

The Iowa Democratic Party informed the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernard Sanders late Monday night that it has no results for 90 precincts across the state, which could account for as much as 5 percent of the total vote. And the party has asked the campaigns for help in getting a tally for those missing results.

“We are, right now, calling all our precinct captains on precincts where we have knowledge of what’s missing, to report what we think happened there,” a visibly irate Robert Becker, Sanders’ state director told Roll Call after Sanders’ speech at the Holiday Inn near the Des Moines airport.“They’ve asked the other campaigns to do the same thing. At the end of the day, there’s probably going to be squabbles on it,” he added.

Hillary, like Obama, are far to corrupt to beat.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    04 Feb '16 04:161 edit

The Iowa Democratic Party informed the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernard Sanders late Monday night that it has no results for 90 precincts across the state, which could account for as much as 5 percent of the total vote. And the party has asked the campaigns for help in getting a tally for those ...[text shortened]... ably going to be squabbles on it,” he added.

I expected Hillary to win Iowa... and by more than the toss of a coin. (?) Nevertheless, if there are no surprises following this then she is the most likely candidate to run against a republican. But who that republican might be is still a head scratcher.

I expected Cruz to edge out Trump in Iowa, but I think Trump will do better in other states.... and Hillary will too, so I don't believe it will take long for Bernie to be out of the running. And there's still plenty of time for something to go terribly wrong with anyones campaign, so at this juncture it's still pretty much a crapshoot trying to predict who will run for prez and who might win.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 07:57
    I didn't know the answer, why you won't give one is interesting.
    You originally asked whodey.

And if you don't yet know where whodey stands, you haven't been paying attention.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 08:01
    "Free" health care, "free" college, what's not to like? What could possibly go wrong?
    To the conservative, Ayn-Rand ideologue, the worst case scenario is that healthcare and college tuition become free for all. In other words, what could possibly go wrong (for you) is that it could happen.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '16 08:05

The Iowa Democratic Party informed the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernard Sanders late Monday night that it has no results for 90 precincts across the state, which could account for as much as 5 percent of the total vote. And the party has asked the campaigns for help in getting a tally for those ...[text shortened]... ably going to be squabbles on it,” he added.

Spare us.

My take is that this will be the first year ever in which both the 2016 Democratic National Convention and the 2016 Republican National Convention both become brokered conventions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree