1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 14:49
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Wait a sec... who would thumb down these posts?!?!
    Seitse,

Probably people with a ID 10 T problem. I like German Shepards myself.

The German Shepherd Dog is one of America’s most popular dog breeds — for good reason. He’s an intelligent and capable working dog. His devotion and courage are unmatched. And he’s amazingly versatile, excelling at most anything he’s trained to do: guide and assistance work for the handicapped, police and military service, herding, search and rescue, drug detection, competitive obedience and, last but not least, faithful companion.

-VR
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 14:55
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    i like German Shepards myself.

The German Shepherd Dog is one of America’s most popular dog breeds — for good reason. He’s an intelligent and capable working dog. His devotion and courage are unmatched. And he’s amazingly versatile, excelling at most anything he’s trained to do: guide and assistance work for the handicapped, police and military servic ...[text shortened]... escue, drug detection, competitive obedience and, last but not least, faithful companion.

-VR
    Do you consider Alsatians an albino variety of German Shepherds or a breed in its own right?

My last shepherd was white as snow and she was as smart as it gets. Miss her sometimes still.
  3. Joined
    03 Mar '15
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 15:451 edit
  4. Joined
    03 Mar '15
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 15:47
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I don't think there is a single best breed, though some breeds fit better to some owners.

I was born in Texas, but the neighborhood families would not let their kids play with me because my parents were northerners (Texans were still fighting the civil war in the 1950s). So, my parents got me a dog and he was my best friend until he died. Bullmastiff. Awe ...[text shortened]... ds. Never mess with a bullmastiff.

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/bullmastiffs.html
    Nice dogs, bull mastiffs, but I like (their close cousin) boxers better - for all of the same reasons. However, boxers eat less, are less hairy, but are more inquisitive, quick/agile and certainly more playful. Boy boxers need exercise but not long runs/walks. The breed does poorly with being scolded. Boxers make me smile more than any other breed; and, now that I am older, I prefer the females because they don't require as much vigilance from their owner. Both, boxers and mastiffs (and all of the other breeds in the bulldog/mastiff family), tend to be gaseous.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 15:51
    Do you consider Alsatians an albino variety of German Shepherds or a breed in its own right?

My last shepherd was white as snow and she was as smart as it gets. Miss her sometimes still.
    Seitse,

It is just another term for German Shepard!

-VR
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:13
    Originally posted by warthog7
    Both, boxers and mastiffs (and all of the other breeds in the bulldog/mastiff family), tend to be gaseous.
    My Chihuahua farts like a badly oiled Oldsmobile ๐Ÿ˜€
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:27
    My Chihuahua farts like a badly oiled Oldsmobile ๐Ÿ˜€
    Seitse,

I don't believe anyones farts smell good animal or human. ๐Ÿ˜‰

-VR
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:49
    Originally posted by warthog7
    Nice dogs, bull mastiffs, but I like (their close cousin) boxers better - for all of the same reasons. However, boxers eat less, are less hairy, but are more inquisitive, quick/agile and certainly more playful. Boy boxers need exercise but not long runs/walks. The breed does poorly with being scolded. Boxers make me smile more than any other breed; and, now ...[text shortened]... rs and mastiffs (and all of the other breeds in the bulldog/mastiff family), tend to be gaseous.
    Yeah, my bullmastiff was flatulent in his old age. (So am I, for that matter. ) He also snored like a locomotive; woulda scared the beejeesus out of any burglar, even without the woof.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:521 edit
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    I've always loved labradors. I have a chocolate myself, he's 13 years old now, and as sweet and loving as ever.
    It is often said that money can't buy love, but you can buy a lab pup, and that is as much pure love as anyone will ever know.
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 23:10
    Originally posted by moonbus
    It is often said that money can't buy love, but you can buy a lab pup, and that is as much pure love as anyone will ever know.
    so true
    best friend I ever had was my yellow lab
    had him for 13 years
    never seemed to grow out of his puppyhood
    tear up just thinking about him
    would nudge me out of bed for his breakfast every morning
    and roll over each night for his tummy rub
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 23:17
    Which reminds me: is there a breed more prone to love water
    than labrador? I've seen few others go so bananas over a pond, river,
    or even a tiny pool. Laughs are then had when they get out and shake
    it all off, raining over anyone around.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Dec '16 07:15
    This vid cracks me up

YouTube : Puppy Labd

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree