1. Standard memberCheesemaster
    😏
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 20:09
    @divegeester said
    Right. I bet you’re not a returning user either.
    I don't use drugs and please don't offer them again.

Thank you.
  2. Standard memberCheesemaster
    😏
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 20:10
    @divegeester said
    A good slap in the face before you get out of bed would work wonders.
    Why would you want me to slap you before I got out of bed?

Brits are confusing πŸ™„
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 20:13
    @cheesemaster said
    Why would you want me to slap you before I got out of bed?

Brits are confusing πŸ™„
    I wondered how long it would be before you began returning to type. Always happens with the bellends.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 20:42
    @great-big-stees said
    This thread seems to be taking on a very "Debates" like character.
    No it isn't.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 21:24
    @petewxyz

Of the films they made, I thought Meaning of Life was the weakest and Life of Brian the best.

Michael Palin's "I want a new life, I want to be a chartered accountant" is pretty good, too.
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 21:36
    @moonbus said
    @petewxyz

Of the films they made, I thought Meaning of Life was the weakest and Life of Brian the best.

Michael Palin's "I want a new life, I want to be a chartered accountant" is pretty good, too.
    Life of Brian was truly excellent. Best memory for me was watching the TV show probably at age about 10 or 11. In my opinion it completely changed comedy. Some of it is dodgy through 21st century eyes, but when you cast your mind back to the 1970s it was ground breaking.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 21:59
    @petewxyz said
    Life of Brian was truly excellent. Best memory for me was watching the TV show probably at age about 10 or 11. In my opinion it completely changed comedy. Some of it is dodgy through 21st century eyes, but when you cast your mind back to the 1970s it was ground breaking.
    In my opinion Life of Brian is the Pythons best work by far and the funniest film ever made. It’s also beautifully made scenically with dialogue so perfectly scripted and timed that it stands up to anything since, even 41 years later.

Topically it is laser sharp in its observations of the religious mindset and yet it pirouettes around its iconic targets without actually making a single offensive comment against God, Jesus or even Mary, and instead draws the viewers attention to what man has made of religion and how it is abused.

It’s a comedic classic and a lesson in filmmaking by a bunch of uni grads who enjoyed being very silly indeed.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Oct '20 23:57
    That was never 5 minutes just now

Life of Brian is one of the greatest of all time, not a lot of movies loved by so many generations.
  9. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 02:13
    @rookie54 said
    for christmas one year, about an eon ago, prolly 1995, my children gave me a boxed set of dvds
    the complete flying circus
    i regifted the set about ten years ago, but i cannot remember who is currently suffering
    [youtube cheese shop]/Hz1JWzyvv8A[/youtube]
    That video would be a lot better if it was funny.
    Like a lot of other Python skits.
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 03:00
    There is nothing quite like an introduction to the Pythons than The Holy Grail whilst in the midst of 24 hour posterior and transverse hard labour with one’s first child...

The hilarity and pain of the laughter become entwined with the ridiculousness and pain of a contraction...

...and there is little doubt as to the “why” of my eldest’s bizarre and slanted humour...

P.S. Ms. Cleveland is my favourite Python of all.
  11. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 09:10
    @hakima said
    There is nothing quite like an introduction to the Pythons than The Holy Grail whilst in the midst of 24 hour posterior and transverse hard labour with one’s first child...

The hilarity and pain of the laughter become entwined with the ridiculousness and pain of a contraction...

...and there is little doubt as to the “why” of my eldest’s bizarre and slanted humour...

P.S. Ms. Cleveland is my favourite Python of all.
    Hahahaha! Right?

Which brings to mind further classic "Pythonisms" which help explain the meaning of life:

YouTube

YouTube

YouTube
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 09:19
    @petewxyz best ever python Spike in Q sketch shows.
  13. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 09:36
    @badradger said
    @petewxyz best ever python Spike in Q sketch shows.
    Loved Spike's sketch shows as much as his poetry books, but there was one series when he was blatantly unwell. I thought the TV company were happy to keep filming just because it would sell, but I doubt he viewed it as his best stuff once he came through the hypomanic/mixed affective episode that he appeared to be suffering.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 09:52
    @petewxyz said
    Loved Spike's sketch shows as much as his poetry books, but there was one series when he was blatantly unwell. I thought the TV company were happy to keep filming just because it would sell, but I doubt he viewed it as his best stuff once he came through the hypomanic/mixed affective episode that he appeared to be suffering.
    yeah he had ptsd and a bit of depression, but I recon that was part of his genius.
  15. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    07 Oct '20 10:00
    @badradger said
    yeah he had ptsd and a bit of depression, but I recon that was part of his genius.
    Undoubtedly. Massive overlap between creative genius and disorders of thought. I think it is interesting that Bowie's brother suffered psychotic illness given the way that can cluster in families and the amazing content of his songs. Obviously Van Gogh etc. I remember reading a paper suggesting it was the many hidden benefits to these things that were keeping them in the gene pool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree