"Get ready for the next epidemic"
    YouTube

Prophetic and interesting.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 16:131 edit
    I saw this a few weeks ago, maybe he’s the one who started it 😂

There’s also a series called pandemic on Netflix at the moment, coincidence?
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 18:28
    @trev33 said
    I saw this a few weeks ago, maybe he’s the one who started it 😂
    He's caused enough virus outbreaks in his time, but not usually among the users themselves...

Frankly, having to deal with the consequences of his "work" on a daily basis, I have no time for the Harvard drop-out, no matter how much "good work" he may do with money made by practices that cost the rest of us many times as much to this day. He's a parasite and always will be.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 20:28
    @shallow-blue said
    He's caused enough virus outbreaks in his time, but not usually among the users themselves...

Frankly, having to deal with the consequences of his "work" on a daily basis, I have no time for the Harvard drop-out, no matter how much "good work" he may do with money made by practices that cost the rest of us many times as much to this day. He's a parasite and always will be.
    Ad hominem aside, it's the content I thought interesting.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 20:37
    @wolfgang59 said
    "Get ready for the next epidemic"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI

Prophetic and interesting.
    Very interesting.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 20:381 edit
    @shallow-blue said

Bitter much?

What Gates has achieved is astonishing; Jobs was more way inspirational though.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Mar '20 20:39
    @trev33 said
    There’s also a series called pandemic on Netflix at the moment, coincidence?
    Never miss a good sales op!
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 09:57
    @divegeester said
    Bitter much?

What Gates has achieved is astonishing; Jobs was more way inspirational though.
    Neither of them came close to the inventiveness of the people at Xerox Parc. In fact, most of what they "invented", they stole from those geniuses. But hey, predatory business practices are good for you!
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 10:07
    @shallow-blue said
    Neither of them came close to the inventiveness of the people at Xerox Parc. In fact, most of what they "invented", they stole from those geniuses. But hey, predatory business practices are good for you!
    Nothing was “stollen”, don’t make stuff up.

If the Xerox Park leadership had had 10% of the vision and commercial savvy of either Jobs or Gates there wouldn’t be a Microsoft or an Apple as we know them today.

Incidentally one the top guys** at Xerox Park left and went to work for Jobs taking all the “A players” with him. People follow leaders.

**He died recently as you know.
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 15:45
    @divegeester said
    Nothing was “stollen”, don’t make stuff up.
    Come Chrimbo, quite a lot will be Stollen.

And if you don't know the difference between invention and appropriation - well, happy Virus Scanner World to you.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '20 17:06
    @shallow-blue said
    Come Chrimbo, quite a lot will be Stollen.

And if you don't know the difference between invention and appropriation - well, happy Virus Scanner World to you.
    So XPark got robbed by Apple and did nothing about it?

Grow up mate.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree