1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 15:13
    I never choose Bing and never downloaded anything about it. Something strange is happening: I can still l get to the Google homepage, but as soon as I type anything in search bar, I get kicked to the Bing homepage. I know there has been a lot of cyber crime lame lately and wonder is anyone having weird stuff happen.
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 15:26
    Originally posted by apathist
    I never choose Bing and never downloaded anything about it. Something strange is happening: I can still l get to the Google homepage, but as soon as I type anything in search bar, I get kicked to the Bing homepage. I know there has been a lot of cyber crime lame lately and wonder is anyone having weird stuff happen.
    If you've downloaded something then it may have made Bing your search page, if you didn't unclick the options.

Just simply go to internet tools (the gear shape, top right), and click options and then, under general, ensure your search page is www.google.com or whatever your local area usage or country usage is, if you prefer to use google.

-m.
  3. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 15:41
    There is nothing nefarious going Bing. GooBingle is the same as it ever was. No need to be alarmBinged. 🙂
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:18
    Originally posted by mikelom
    If you've downloaded something then it may have made Bing your search page, if you didn't unclick the options.

Just simply go to internet tools (the gear shape, top right), and click options and then, under general, ensure your search page is www.google.com or whatever your local area usage or country usage is, if you prefer to use google.

-m.
    I found the upper gear icon, it takes me straight to a window called "general" and I can't find an "option" button anywhere. My kid may have used the site to download stuff. May I can't find the option button because I am not signed up? I feel clueless and confused. Thank you for trying to help.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 16:21
    Originally posted by coquette
    There is nothing nefarious going Bing. GooBingle is the same as it ever was. No need to be alarmBinged. 🙂
    I suppose you are right. Life has taught me to be suspicious though.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 17:04
    Originally posted by coquette
    I'm dreaming of a white google,
    just like the ones I used to know.
    Where the themes are sexy,
    and the options flexy,
    my favourite browser don't you know?
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 18:33
    Look in your browser search bar (this is where you type things in, and it is NOT at the google search page; it is at the top right of the screen) and see if there is a little blue "g" or a orange "b" to the left of that bar. You can change it using the little down arrow to the right of the g or b.

Maybe this is the problem, maybe not. At least firefox works this way.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 07:56
    There was an IE update which forced Bing and removed the Google choice from the options, so that you can't get Google back. There is a fix somewhere out there on the net but I've forgotten where, it's not just a matter of ticking a different box for the victims of this sneaky little Microsoft stunt.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 07:38
    Ask sonhouse, he is an expert in this kind of thing.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 07:532 edits
    http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/156363-ie-9-search-box-missing-3.html
    Not quite what you're looking for, but it includes a few tips on how to fix.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1808504
    More directly related to your problem, but it's an Australian site and you may not be able to get it. It's also a couple of years old.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree