1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 04:46
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-38786119

A woman who grew up and studied in Italy, continued her education in
    Switzerland and Scotland and who now resides in Scotland is stuck in
    Costa Rica because Trump wont allow her on US soil to change flights!
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 06:253 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

A highly educated woman flying around to different parts of the world, and an unexpected expense of £2,600 is enough to potentially cause both her and her boyfriend to become homeless? I've known poor uneducated folk who had enough good sense to put something aside for hard times, but this is ridiculous.

I'm supposed to believe a highly educated world traveler is now impoverished (or at the very least inconvenienced) because of Trump? I'm not buying it. A temporary ban is something he said he will do once he becomes president, so now the loony tune brigade is angry because he's actually doing it... first they're angry because he talks about it, then he's called a liar because they say he won't do it, and now they're angry because he actually did what he said he will do. YouTube

By the way, WAKE UP young and inexperienced highly educated world travelers! Use your heads, and try putting something away for a rainy day... you know, so you don't end up living in a cardboard box behind a dumpster.

edit: Some are of the opinion that those who don't live in the US (foreigners) are not fully aware of what is happening here because they don't live here. I understand the sentiment, but this is not true. Foreigners have the same access to all media sources to which I have access. And I have no reason to believe their brains are (on average) any smaller or less intelligent than those living in the US, so that excuse doesn't work either. We have more than our share of dumb*ss tunnel vision jackass braying liberals here who don't seem have a clue, so on average (as a group average) we're really not any smarter than anyone else.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 06:48
    Putting aside the particular circumstances of this case, there was a valid transit visa in existence which has retrospectively been voided. This is the kind of bad decision-making which destroys governments in my country, and any other place where the rule of law prevails.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 09:17
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I'm supposed to believe a highly educated world traveler is now impoverished (or at the very least inconvenienced) because of Trump?
    Do you believe your president is right to be preventing Dr Tayari from setting foot on U.S. soil?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 10:352 edits
    Have a scout around Mr Trumps inauguration courtesy of a CNN gigapixel, you can pick Handy Andy out in the stands wearing his pussy hat. Notice the US ladies choir wearing tartan scarf's in view of Emperor Trumps Scottish heritage.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Have a scout around Mr Trumps inauguration courtesy of a CNN gigapixel, you can pick Handy Andy out in the stands wearing his pussy hat. Notice the US ladies choir wearing tartan scarf's in view of Emperor Trumps Scottish heritage.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politics/trump-inauguration-gigapixel/
    Hey, this thread was made for you!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 12:322 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Hey, this thread was made for you!
    Why limit ourselves to this thread, why not the Universe and beyond 😵

Did you enjoy the gigapixel?
  8. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 13:06

She should just check into the Four Seasons hotel there and chill.
    They do all inclusive packages if she is short of money.
    Sit back, sip a gin and tonic and watch the wild life.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 15:09

She can't find an alternate route? Costa Rica to Cuba? Costa to Spain, etc.?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 16:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    She can't find an alternate route? Costa Rica to Cuba? Costa to Spain, etc.?
    Maybe she can blow up an inner tube and float to Cuba. 😵
  11. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 17:29
    This wouldn't have happened by staying in the kitchen.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Putting aside the particular circumstances of this case, there was a valid transit visa in existence which has retrospectively been voided. This is the kind of bad decision-making which destroys governments in my country, and any other place where the rule of law prevails.
    Australia? If you even go back to the sixties you will find an all white Australian immigration policy. It was without doubt equally as racist as the South African apartheid. How you got away with it I cannot say. Go back to the thirties and you are kicking all kinds of people out.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 19:43
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

The biggest pussy around here is you, Roberta. We can always count on you for a dishonest game and a cheap shot.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 19:56

An interesting (interesting to us, since none here are actually directly influenced by any of this controversy so we all play armchair quarterback at the professional, Hall of Fame level) corollary to be gleaned from this massive avalanche of exceptions.

A would-you-rather question which each quarterback ought to ask themselves from a legal quasi-philosophical standpoint:

Would you rather no one ever be tried and punished for [fill in the crime most likely to induce your strongest waves of self-righteousness indignation and revenge mode] if it meant even one innocent person was punished for the same?

What, truly, is the cost of freedom, safety and the American way?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '17 19:561 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The biggest pussy around here is you, Roberta. We can always count on you for a dishonest game and a cheap shot.
    Relax Andy you are talking yourself too seriously. Have you tried ASMR for relaxation? what about gym and sauna?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree