General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    20 Nov '15 09:46
    Whoa! Just soaked it in. And... I am ordering my thoughts.

    YouTube

    Haven't felt such strong emotions listening to a tune since
    Radiohead's 'everything in its right place.'
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10567
    20 Nov '15 13:57
    Bowie rocks!
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Nov '15 14:091 edit
    Ok that sucked, what a pure dirge man!
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Nov '15 14:14
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Bowie rocks!
    yeah about three decades ago, time to hang up his guitar and inflict himself on the public no more.
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Joined
    26 Aug '06
    Moves
    55915
    20 Nov '15 14:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah about three decades ago, time to hang up his guitar and inflict himself on the public no more.
    It's good to see he's still playing for all his fans...............at the old peoples home. Must be a lot of rocking and rolling in those wheelchairs !!!
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    20 Nov '15 14:41
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    It's good to see he's still playing for all his fans...............at the old peoples home. Must be a lot of rocking and rolling in those wheelchairs !!!
    agreed.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    20 Nov '15 16:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    yeah about three decades ago, time to hang up his guitar and inflict himself on the public no more.
    Hipsters Beware™
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    20 Nov '15 20:47
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Precisely.

    Genius, uh?
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    21 Nov '15 07:00
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I have reached it by now, actually.

    It also happens when I sing one part of a song obsessively, usually
    while cooking, suddenly I feel that I hate that song for the rest of
    the week or month.
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    11 Jan '16 18:131 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    There you go.

    Music is just not sounds. Genuine art, in general, is the reflection of
    an artist's unspoken joy, pain, dreams, frustrations, and madness.

    When faced with death, some artists create their best material. In this
    horrible world we live in, where all is fake and plastic, and when all it
    matters is to get cheap, shallow desires instantly satisfied, and where
    everybody lives just to stare at his own navel 24/7, there are few things
    as real, genuine and powerful as the cold, metallic crudeness of death.

    I wrote in my column about Blackstar, actually, and how it was his most
    honest piece, precisely because it is his obituary, i.e. a recognition that
    we are all dying everyday, a little bit, since the day we're born.
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97073
    11 Jan '16 18:26
    Originally posted by Seitse
    There you go.

    Music is just not sounds. Genuine art, in general, is the reflection of
    an artist's unspoken joy, pain, dreams, frustrations, and madness.

    When faced with death, some artists create their best material. In this
    horrible world we live in, where all is fake and plastic, and when all it
    matters is to get cheap, shallow desires instantly sa ...[text shortened]... ary, i.e. a recognition that
    we are all dying everyday, a little bit, since the day we're born.
    Birth is a terminal disease...that is nothing new.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    11 Jan '16 18:34
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Birth is a terminal disease...that is nothing new.
    Though not all of us are born with your depth, genius and wit, sensei.
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    97073
    11 Jan '16 19:46
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Though not all of us are born with your depth, genius and wit, sensei.
    Perfection is a heavy cross to bear Grasshopper.
  14. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138454
    11 Jan '16 19:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Ok that sucked, what a pure dirge man!
    you killed him...
    you killed him...
    you heartless ogre...
  15. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    11 Jan '16 21:20
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Perfection is a heavy cross to bear Grasshopper.
    Shouldn't there be a comma between bear and Grasshopper?

    Just asking. In my mother tongue it should. Maybe in English it is different.
Back to Top