1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 09:372 edits
    Can’t quite believe this! Fathers expecting to share their baby’s breast milk?

Women's rights and gender equality
    'She can't say no': the Ugandan men demanding to be breastfed

The preliminary research suggested that men often drink before the child is fed, usually once a day, sometimes more frequently, and for about an hour at a time.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jan/28/[WORD TOO LONG]
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 10:00
    @drewnogal
    I can't read about such things - they make me depressed.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 10:40
    @torunn said
    @drewnogal
    I can't read about such things - they make me depressed.
    Maybe a consequence of Idi Amin who served as the President of Uganda from 1971 to 1979, where a generation of children grew up with insecure attachment leaving a generation of grown men needing to regress to being a tiny baby again?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 13:03
    @drewnogal said

The preliminary research suggested that men often drink before the child is fed, usually once a day, sometimes more frequently, and for about an hour at a time.

https://www.theguardian.com/g ...[text shortened]... 9XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAxMjk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK
    I didn't go to the link, but what would be wrong with making sure the baby is fed first?

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 20:37
    @very-rusty said
    I didn't go to the link, but what would be wrong with making sure the baby is fed first?

-VR
    What two thumbs down for feeding the baby first? Crazy crowd!

-VR
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 20:41
    @drewnogal said

https://www.theguardian.com/g ...[text shortened]... 9XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAxMjk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK
    I’m way too divegeester too look at that!
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 21:29
    @very-rusty said
    What two thumbs down for feeding the baby first? Crazy crowd!

-VR
    I believe you misread the post concerned.

'The preliminary research suggested that men often drink BEFORE the child is fed...'
  8. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 21:51
    ...and I thought I was disgusting eh?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 21:53
    @old-indian said
    ...and I thought I was disgusting eh?
    That is besides the point and another conversation....

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 21:551 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I believe you misread the post concerned.

'The preliminary research suggested that men often drink BEFORE the child is fed...'
    Well I didn't go to look at the site, but asked what would be wrong with feeding the baby first and it got me two thumbs down. ( Perhaps part of my fan club?) Many women have excess milk too much for the baby.

Would't it work ok the other way to feed the baby first? I think I understood the post correctly.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:07
    @very-rusty said
    Well I didn't go to look at the site, but asked what would be wrong with feeding the baby first and it got me two thumbs down. ( Perhaps part of my fan club?) Many women have excess milk too much for the baby.

Would't it work ok the other way to feed the baby first? I think I understood the post correctly.

-VR
    Maybe I shouldn't respond as I haven't opened the link, but I think you may have missed something.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:14
    @torunn said
    Maybe I shouldn't respond as I haven't opened the link, but I think you may have missed something.
    I didn't either but don't think I did miss anything just feed the baby first is all I am saying. I understand you are just going along with goad on this one. I know for a fact some women do produce a lot of breast milk too much for the baby.

-VR
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:15
    @very-rusty said
    I didn't either but don't think I did miss anything just feed the baby first is all I am saying. I understand you are just going along with goad on this one. I know for a fact some women do produce a lot of breast milk too much for the baby.

-VR
    Does it seem right to you that grownup men should demand the right to be breastfed?
  14. Joined
    23 Jan '20
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:16
    I feel cheated that this thread isn’t about boobies eh?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 22:191 edit
    @torunn said
    Does it seem right to you that grownup men should demand the right to be breastfed?
    I know nothing about the Ugandan culture and how things work there so I really can't give an opinion on it. Only to say I believe the baby should be fed first. How much do you know about Ugandan culture?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree