Broadly Speaking

Broadly Speaking

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
142d
1 edit

Statements that probably need to be preceded by the expression "broadly speaking", please.

People can then beg to differ, of course.

F

Moves
142d

Broadly speaking, middle class people in the U.K. call their parents mummy and daddy, while working class people call them mum and dad.

F

Moves
142d

American tourists getting to know British tourists in a bar in, say, an Indonesian holiday resort: broadly speaking, in the ensuing conversation, the Americans will have the main objective of revealing as much as they can about their life story and their opinions on a range of topics; the British tourists might reveal things but it won't be their main objective

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
142d

@fmf said
American tourists getting to know British tourists in a bar in, say, an Indonesian holiday resort: broadly speaking, in the ensuing conversation, the Americans will have the main objective of revealing as much as they can about their life story and their opinions on a range of topics; the British tourists might reveal things but it won't be their main objective
Weak.

F

Moves
141d

@suzianne said
Weak.
Borne out by my travels around the world. It's a cultural thing.

F

Moves
141d

Broadly speaking, Norwegians are more laid back than Swedes, and the Swedes are not as arrogant as the Danes.

F

Moves
141d

@suzianne said
Weak.
There's a similar difference between Malaysians and Indonesians, broadly speaking.

Gothenburg

Moves
141d
1 edit

@fmf said
Broadly speaking, Norwegians are more laid back than Swedes, and the Swedes are not as arrogant as the Danes.
That's an opinion that is shared by many, including Scandinavians.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
141d

Broadly speaking, it is better to subscribe to RHP than not to subscribe.

F

Moves
141d

Broadly speaking, I am a chess player.