1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 00:411 edit
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    So, how do I keep getting tham in my flat? I don't have any windows open and I haven't answered the door to any. How on Earth do they get in?
    Try using orthoboric acid... it's an undetectable form of boric acid. Insects will go out of their way to avoid boric acid unless you are able to mask its odor. It's used to kill ants and cockroaches, and only a handful of bees would need to be exposed to it for the chemical to reach the queen.

I've never used it to kill a bees nest because it takes at least a week to do the job... in the meantime the little buggers might act like they've lost their little minds, running around in circles and not acting at all like they usually do. So if you don't mind experimenting to see what murderous crazy-ass bees act like for the better part of a week, that just might be your best bet.

I don't know what the little buggers might do to you and your neighbors before they all kick the bucket, but I guarantee it will do the job... eventually. Like I said I've never tried it on a bees nest, so I have no idea what (if any) unintended consequences there may be.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 02:00
    Originally posted by Seitse
    The bumble bees are not what they seem.
    They are like women...you don't want to pi$$ them off or they'll "sting" ya.
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    24 Jun '14 09:24
    So, how do I keep getting tham in my flat? I don't have any windows open and I haven't answered the door to any. How on Earth do they get in?
    bees are cool man they wont sting just let them out.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 05:12
    They just bumbled in.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 06:37
    You never open the front door or any windows?
  6. In your face
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 11:48
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You never open the front door or any windows?
    Never!
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 18:45
    Never!
    The bees are coming in from cracks and holes in your flat that you may not have noticed yet.

Many moons ago we lived in a run down place for a few months, and there was a gaping hole in the corner of our bathroom... you couldn't miss it. The bathroom had one of those big bathtubs that stood on four legs, and it had no overflow drain if the water came up too high. Our apartment was on the third floor. There were other apartments on the second floor and the entire first floor was a restaurant. I decided we should find somewhere else to live before getting kicked out of there.
  8. In your face
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    The bees are coming in from cracks and holes in your flat that you may not have noticed yet.

Many moons ago we lived in a run down place for a few months, and there was a gaping hole in the corner of our bathroom... you couldn't miss it. The bathroom had one of those big bathtubs that stood on four legs, and it had no overflow drain if the water came u ...[text shortened]... restaurant. I decided we should find somewhere else to live before getting kicked out of there.
    The house was built in 1884 so quite possibly the case.

Original post was made as a light hearted joke though, so you can all stop now 😛
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Jun '14 21:49
    Clearly they're super bumble bees that can fly through walls, duh.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 04:38

Original post was made as a light hearted joke though, so you can all stop now 😛
    Can't stop it now, you've let the genie out of his bottle and opened Pandoras box... that's where all those bees are really coming from.

And by the way, all bees (with the exception of drones) are female, so you've really done it this time mister!
  11. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 17:40
    This is a honey of a topic. I love it.
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 18:54
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    This is a honey of a topic. I love it.
    is there a sting in the tail?
  13. In your face
    Moves
    26 Jun '14 18:58
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Can't stop it now, you've let the genie out of his bottle and opened Pandoras box... that's where all those bees are really coming from.

And by the way, all bees (with the exception of drones) are female, so you've really done it this time mister!
    But what if the Genie gets into Pandora's Box and all of the bees get into the Lamp? 😲
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 00:461 edit
    But what if the Genie gets into Pandora's Box and all of the bees get into the Lamp? 😲
    Give the box and lamp to a neighbor, or give them to Goodwill, just get them out of your house and fast... or you'll be sorry.

Quickly there's no time!
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 03:421 edit

The house was built in 1884

You ever wonder what else may be lurking behind the walls of that old house?

Sleep well tonight...

Mua ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree