1. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 10:26
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    You can't feel proud of anything because you have done nothing to be proud of; is that a correct assumption?
    Nope.
  2. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 10:30
    I'm proud of my father taking part in WW2 liberating Europe, fighting Chinese/N. Korean communists in 1952-53, thus allowing South Korea to be the economic giant it is today, compared to the chithole that is N. Korea. I'm proud of my fellow service men/women who volunteered to topple a dictator and in the process attempt to give the Iraqi people a choice of what type of democratically-free government it wants.
    That's exactly what I don't get. How can you be proud of something you haven't done (or even participated in)? I can certainly see how you would be thankful to your ancestors and countrymen if they did something that improved your own living conditions. I can also understand that you would feel good about it, if what they've done were also beneficial for people in other parts of the world where living is not so easy. But for you to take pride in the works of others is completely alien to me.
  3. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 11:59
    It got me thinking though. It seemed as if some of the posters were actually proud of what they think the US did in WWI and II as if they themselves were to thank for it. That seemed strange to me. They didn't after all participate in those wars (my apologies if indeed there are really old men here in the forum who were actually there during the second world war).
    Didn't you know Chuck Norris IS American, and he virtually won both the world war's for us, although he fought mainly in France, he was designated to fight in Italy, but when the Italians found he was on his way, they surrendered, so they diverted the plane just in time for him to rescue the Brits at Dunkirk
  4. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 12:24
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Didn't you know Chuck Norris IS American, and he virtually won both the world war's for us, although he fought mainly in France, he was designated to fight in Italy, but when the Italians found he was on his way, they surrendered, so they diverted the plane just in time for him to rescue the Brits at Dunkirk
    he also saved new york from the klingons
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 12:552 edits
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    John Wayne would chin* Chuck Norris, no problem.

* http://tinyurl.com/m23tg

edit; if he was alive of course.
  6. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 13:131 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    John Wayne would chin* Chuck Norris, no problem.

* http://tinyurl.com/m23tg

edit; if he was alive of course.
    obviously john Wayne was a great actor, but a colt 45 is no match for a roundhouse kick as David Carridine demonstrated in the series Kung Fu every week
  7. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '06 14:36
    This thread, I started, has turned out to be a really excellent one.
  8. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 02:41
    Originally posted by stocken
    That's exactly what I don't get. How can you be proud of something you haven't done (or even participated in)? I can certainly see how you would be thankful to your ancestors and countrymen if they did something that improved your own living conditions. I can also understand that you would feel good about it, if what they've done were also bene ...[text shortened]... is not so easy. But for you to take pride in the works of others is completely alien to me.
    [Quote from stocken]: "But for you to take pride in the works of others is completely alien to me".[Unquote]

My reply: Then you must be an alien....no offense intended, seriously......
  9. Standard memberc99ux
    'Sir' to you
    Osaka, Japan
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 03:01
    Still on the theme of taking credit for others' actions, but changing the subject just a little...

I claim credit for that Jean Hebert (or whatever his name was) guy getting such a great score. I am directly responsible for it; it was a huge sacrifice on my part by losing to the Great man Himself... I was part of the small army of 168 people who selflessly put him where he rightfully belonged...
  10. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 09:371 edit
    Then you must be an alien...
    [no need to actually quote here when I can just remove the unrelevant rubbage from the text above, but I quote chancremechanic anyway]:"Then you must be an alien..."[Unquote]

My reply: To me, you are the alien.
  11. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 05:52
    Originally posted by stocken
    [no need to actually quote here when I can just remove the unrelevant rubbage from the text above, but I quote chancremechanic anyway]:"Then you must be an alien..."[Unquote]

My reply: To me, you are the alien.
    Alien to your screwed-up thought processes, and I will remain so, because they are, well, alien.....🙄
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 08:10
    somewhere inbetween. 😉.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree