1. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    20 May '20 09:46
    I haven't been in the Forums also for a long time. I usually just come and make my moves and today I clicked on my profile and saw that I've been on this site playing 18 consecutive years of my life. It just blowed my mind how time passes fast without noticing.
    Anyways, hope everyone is good and if I see you in a game don't be shy and say hi.
    ATTE: Talem16
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 09:53
    @talem16 said
    I haven't been in the Forums also for a long time. I usually just come and make my moves and today I clicked on my profile and saw that I've been on this site playing 18 consecutive years of my life. It just blowed my mind how time passes fast without noticing.
    Anyways, hope everyone is good and if I see you in a game don't be shy and say hi.
    Congrats.....2 more years and you'll have 2 decades in. Time flies when you're having fun.

-VR
  3. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    20 May '20 10:06
    @Very-Rusty Thanks VR ! yeah 2 more years not far. I have to make it to 500 ,000 moves before that. That's gonna be my goal lol. I see you been here a while too.
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 May '20 10:09
    @talem16 said
    @Very-Rusty Thanks VR ! yeah 2 more years not far. I have to make it to 500 ,000 moves before that. That's gonna be my goal lol. I see you been here a while too.
    That would be a gigantic Project if we look at your recent (18 years) rate.
  5. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    20 May '20 10:15
    @Ponderable I totally agree! I'm gonna have to start playing more. I've been too busy these past years but right now I'm on a break. I will take advantage of that.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 10:35
    @talem16 said
    @Ponderable I totally agree! I'm gonna have to start playing more. I've been too busy these past years but right now I'm on a break. I will take advantage of that.
    It is harder when you have a job which always takes and should take priority to the chess games. Yes, I am here going on 14 years now, but took early retirement so have much more time on my hands than a lot of people before this pandemic hit the world.

So long as you're having fun with the game, I don't think the move count is all that important personally. I have all the respect in the world for the folks who have made a million moves we even have one person at over 2 million moves now who is also a tough player as he is pretty much playing speed chess and still maintains a decent rating. I have played him many, many times.

Just play at your own pace...I know I move way too quickly. Just a habit I got into from having so many games on the go at one time. I've cut way back from the game load I use to carry. There fore making less moves now.

-VR
  7. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    20 May '20 11:05
    @Very-Rusty
    Of course I have respect for everyone that enjoys and plays here. I enjoy playing all games but the count moves it's just an extra motivation for me to start playing more. Also, I want at least that black star I my profile hehe.
    And yes you are talking about Zorro I'm sure. He is constant and has a descent rating.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 11:36
    @talem16 said
    @Very-Rusty
    Of course I have respect for everyone that enjoys and plays here. I enjoy playing all games but the count moves it's just an extra motivation for me to start playing more. Also, I want at least that black star I my profile hehe.
    And yes you are talking about Zorro I'm sure. He is constant and has a descent rating.
    Yes of course Zorro....We have had 259 I went and looked he has won 8 more than me so far and we have a bunch of ties, but keep in mind he is moving very quickly I am not. I can't imagine where his rating would be Over The Board.

I once carried 600 games at once, never again it was crazy trying to keep up, I did though without timing out in any of them. I don't think it helped my game.

-VR
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    20 May '20 16:21
    @Talem16

Congrats, man [thumbs-up]
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 May '20 18:48
    @talem16 said
    I'm a little over 8 months behind you, so I know exactly what you mean. I looked at it the other day and said, "Wow, 17 years, what the heck?!"
  11. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    21 May '20 05:22
    @Very-Rusty Yes I know! The max games I had before was 300 but it was hard to keep on. I have more loses against him but I lost like 40 for time but he is pretty good to be playing so many games. My board rating I not that high but last completive tournament I played was 3 years ago. I'm at 1780 r now but has not move. Hopefully can come back and play tournaments again after the virus is gone.
  12. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    21 May '20 05:22
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Thank you!
  13. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    21 May '20 05:25
    @Suzianne
    Oh wow you are right. You are at 17 years. I don't think we have ever play a match vs each other. Not that I remember. Maybe because you only play a few games at a time.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    21 May '20 11:37
    @talem16 said
    @Very-Rusty
    Yes, Zorro has 741 games in progress right now. I believe he mainly manages to keep his rating in the 1600's. Of course when you are carrying that many games you can control your rating. I had mine up to over 1800 which is no where near my actual rating. I did that by using all my won games before counting the lost games. I believe this is before I had joined Metallica, but not absolutely sure on that. Probably why the Clan Leader noticed me from all the games I was playing, and how quickly.

-VR
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 May '20 09:32
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, Zorro has 741 games in progress right now. I believe he mainly manages to keep his rating in the 1600's. Of course when you are carrying that many games you can control your rating. I had mine up to over 1800 which is no where near my actual rating. I did that by using all my won games before counting the lost games. I believe this is before I had joined Metallica, bu ...[text shortened]... t. Probably why the Clan Leader noticed me from all the games I was playing, and how quickly.

-VR
    That's a pretty half-assed confession, Rusty. I bet you can do better than that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree