1. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 17:25
    Originally posted by Seitse
    That's so 5 years ago. Today's rage is grannies with trannies.
    go to our local working mens club on a Saturday its grab a granny night
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 17:58
    Originally posted by redbadger
    local working mens club on a Saturday
    Is that how the call now the black leather bears night at the dungeon?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '15 22:17
    Originally posted by redbadger
    not now because she has now passed but over the past 3 years I did as much as I could for a lady 86 years old fixed the gate, ran her to the docs to have her blood taken she was on warfarin to thin her blood, mow the lawn, take her shopping and her favourite on a sunday take her to the bingo.
    "... take her to the bingo."

Is that when she hollers "Bingo!"?
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 07:10
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Oh don't get me wrong, they do when able but she seems to need a lot of "help". She is mentally, for the most part, quite with it and physically she's very good. I sense that it's more the company she enjoys as much as the "help". I hope that when, and if, I reach her age and need the help that there will be someone there for me too. That old saying may apply, "You reap what you sew".
    Stees, how often does Marion call you: few times a week and what kinds of groceries does she usually buy?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 08:39
    I have a neighbour, a widow 92 years old, who calls me when she needs some help with something or other. I, being 20+ years her junior and at home most days, am only too happy to help her out. She has three sons, but the closest lives about 10km away and they all work. She is forever apologizing for being such a "pain" and I tell her , "Marion, if I' ...[text shortened]... her not being able to get her TV to work and everything in between. Are any of you in my shoes?
    I would be happy to have you as a neighbour Stees. The elderly are often terribly neglected in the modern social framework and I am always touched and encouraged by accounts of the younger generations supporting the older.
  6. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 08:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I would be happy to have you as a neighbour Stees. The elderly are often terribly neglected in the modern social framework and I am always touched and encouraged by accounts of the younger generations supporting the older.
    Hear, hear
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 16:06
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Stees, how often does Marion call you: few times a week and what kinds of groceries does she usually buy?
    GB the calls usually come about 4-5 times a day. It seems that when I'm not available to come right over she manages to get someone else lately. I am getting jealous. I think she's two-timing me. 😉
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    08 Feb '15 16:08
    GB the calls usually come about 4-5 times a day. It seems that when I'm not available to come right over she manages to get someone else lately. I am getting jealous. I think she's two-timing me. 😉
    that women for u cant live with em etc
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 05:08
    "4-5 times a day" = 28-35 times per week x 52 = 1,465-1,820 times per year. Whew! No wonder you're hardly
    ever here on this forum. Marion, I'm calling Russ! "I am getting jealous." Nah; she's just playing hard to get.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 16:281 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "4-5 times a day" = 28-35 times per week x 52 = 1,465-1,820 times per year. Whew! No wonder you're hardly
    ever here on this forum. Marion, I'm calling Russ! "I am getting jealous." Nah; she's just playing hard to get.
    So far today it's only been twice but the day is not even half over. There will be a couple of days of silence as she is going to her son's for a bit while she has her bathroom redone but she has asked that I let the contractor in each day and lock up at night.
  11. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 16:43
    So far today it's only been twice but the day is not even half over. There will be a couple of days of silence as she is going to her son's for a bit while she has her bathroom redone but she has asked that I let the contractor in each day and lock up at night.
    She has a good friend in you.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 16:50
    Originally posted by lolof
    She has a good friend in you.
    *LOL* It's now 3 times as she's asked me to fetch her mail. God love her.
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 17:14
    *LOL* It's now 3 times as she's asked me to fetch her mail. God love her.
    You are obviously very patient - I'm not sure I would be.
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 19:00
    Originally posted by lolof
    You are obviously very patient - I'm not sure I would be.
    I don't mind and I have told her that if I am unable to help her with whatever due to some other commitment I tell her.

P.S. I just got back from taking her to the bank (she needed some US cash), the grocery store (to buy some snacks for the construction people coming tomorrow) and finally the variety store for some scratch and win tickets. I smile. This time, and I'm not sure why, when she called she prefaced it with "Steve, I'd like ti hire you for." I told her I was not a gigolo..she laughed.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '15 19:08
    I don't mind and I have told her that if I am unable to help her with whatever due to some other commitment I tell her.

P.S. I just got back from taking her to the bank (she needed some US cash), the grocery store (to buy some snacks for the construction people coming tomorrow) and finally the variety store for some scratch and win tickets. I smil ...[text shortened]... prefaced it with "Steve, I'd like ti hire you for." I told her I was not a gigolo..she laughed.
    Patience is still a virtue in 2015 and you, Steve, continue to exemplify it.
    Marion is damn fortunate to have you close by.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree