1. Joined
    06 Jan '13
    Moves
    10 May '15 12:57
    After being told how good the quality of their members are I paid $6 to enter a 4 man round robin tournament. Obviously I didn't have a rating with them. After two months I'm in a winning position as white and up a pawn but equal position as black with the only rated player in the round robin (the others I was clearly winning) When the rated player resigns all of his games I get told his resignation doesn't count as far as my rating or results of the tournament all because I was unrated. LMAO!

I explained to the arbiter/judge that a resignation is a resignation. Weird it's like the he was smug and didn't care. It's like he didn't understand that the guy I was playing resigned not to face a two losses and a reduction in rating points to a non rated oppoenent. Didn't seem to care that I fought for two months and got nothing.

Don't buy into CCLA when they tell you the quality of their players or their organization is the best. I've played here at Red Pawn for years and have found just as good or better. Red Pawn's time table is much better also. & It's affordable here too.

The Guy was clueless as to what is available to chess enthusiast on the internet. I could tell he was some old dude left over from the days when you actually sent a letter through the mail...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree