1. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 07:18
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Everything has value sir. Even a lump of butter.

But go on, teach me something Chaney. (Confused theist).
    I do not agree with your associations on this site. You must distance yourself from dive and fmf.

Take my advice Ghost.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 10:11
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Everyone has the means to help themselves. What many lack is motivation.
    Not motivation - many depressed people would seek help, if they thought they could be helped. Which, being depressed, they don't. Depression isn't a lack of will and moral fibre, it's a lack of self-belief and self-worth.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 11:45
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Not motivation - many depressed people would seek help, if they thought they could be helped. Which, being depressed, they don't. Depression isn't a lack of will and moral fibre, it's a lack of self-belief and self-worth.
    Very true. (Though a lack of self-belief and self-worth will impact negatively on motivation levels).
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:33
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Very true. (Though a lack of self-belief and self-worth will impact negatively on motivation levels).
    It does, but that's only a result, and often a very late one. The real problem is trying and failing, trying and recoiling, wanting to be "succesful" (by society's standards) and getting rebuffed again and again, by yourself and others. Do that often enough and yes, you lose the motivation you once had - bur that is effect, not cause.
  5. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 18:45
    there are too many guns available. There are more guns in the USA than people.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 01:06
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Linkin Park, Soundgarden, are recent.

Elvis, Jim Morrison are the past.
    Elvis? You mean Mr. Presley?
    He certainly did not. He went to read comics.
    And he disappeared. Staged death.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    23 Jul '17 03:56
    Originally posted by @ogb
    there are too many guns available. There are more guns in the USA than people.
    Only the govt should have guns?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree