1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 01:25
    This thread is for discussion of long standing ethnicity-related issues and is only for descendants of one of the world’s most mysterious ancient civilizations: the Celts.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 01:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    This thread is for discussion of long standing ethnicity-related issues and is only for descendants of one of the world’s most mysterious ancient civilizations: the Celts.
    They were the ones who invented the Seltzer Bottle right, back in 335 BC?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 01:46
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    They were the ones who invented the Seltzer Bottle right, back in 335 BC?
    Before I answer: are you (for all intents and purposes) a Celt?
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 01:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Before I answer: are you (for all intents and purposes) a Celt?
    If I tell you I'd have to lop off your head with my broadsword. Do you still want my answer?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 02:33
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    If I tell you I'd have to lop off your head with my broadsword. Do you still want my answer?
    Your willingness to come to blows over a Seltzer Bottle has answered my question already.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 03:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm descended from a race of noble savages who came across the sea to kick some butt. During the period of our noble savagery, a 500 year period from around 900AD, we interbred with the Germanic tribes (always ones to invade Europe in a heartbeat) of the South, the Saxons, Agles and Jutes.

Our father's father's father's father's ambition was to pillage stuff and as they came from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flowed and as the hammer of the gods drove their ships to new lands where they fought the horde while singing and crying: "Valhalla, I am coming!"

Good times; bad times also.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm descended from a race of noble savages who came across the sea to kick some butt. During the period of our noble savagery, a 500 year period from around 900AD, we interbred with the Germanic tribes (always ones to invade Europe in a heartbeat) of the South, the Saxons, Agles and Jutes.

Our father's father's father's father's ambition was to pilla ...[text shortened]... ught the horde while singing and crying: "Valhalla, I am coming!"

Good times; bad times also.
    You should start a Saxons, Angles and Jutes thread.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 05:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Are you standing in for Grampy Bobby? If so I think you need to incorporate a needle-jab about my maturity or ability to focus. At least be ready with the copy/paste of the forum guidelines.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 05:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    Besides I was talking about my Viking ancestry.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 06:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    My mother's side of the family originated from Alsace and I'm good at tying knots. Am I qualified?
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 06:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you adress all persons with European descendency? It is hardly conceivable that any European is without celtic roots. At what date do you draw your line?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 06:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you standing in for Grampy Bobby? If so I think you need to incorporate a needle-jab about my maturity or ability to focus. At least be ready with the copy/paste of the forum guidelines.
    'Doing such and such blah blah blah or blah blah immaturity blah blah fouled diapers blah blah will result in a forum ban.' - Grampy Bobby quoting Russ (modified/paraphrased)
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 07:00
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    So you adress all persons with European descendency? It is hardly conceivable that any European is without celtic roots. At what date do you draw your line?
    43 AD
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '15 07:09
    Celts -> Scordisci -> Serbs

So, I feel at home here.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '15 11:46
    Yup, big game for Celtic tonight.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree