1. Los Angeles
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 17:27
    Why oh why? Some opponents with only one legal move then checkmate just don't resign and move on. No, they just sit there letting their time run out. Me, I write, " You got me, well played, damn etc." Just blowing off steam here.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 18:32
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    Why oh why? Some opponents with only one legal move then checkmate just don't resign and move on. No, they just sit there letting their time run out. Me, I write, " You got me, well played, damn etc." Just blowing off steam here.
    They're pouty and forget that it's just a game.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 19:14
    I like to make my opponent wait for his/her victory. Is this wrong? 😛
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 20:31
    The game is won, either way, no?

What's the difference if you get the win now or three days from now?
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    20 Mar '15 22:02
    I'm guessing they are hopping you will croak and time out while they are procrastinating their inevitable loss. They might try to get you angry enough in hopes you will resign. Laughable, but I have seen it happen.

Personally, I don't want to have to think about lost games anymore and prefer to move on.

Having said that..."All's fair in love and war , loser." Bowmann
  6. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Mar '15 00:29
    I hated that when I first joined RHP. The main reason was that as a non-sub, I only had six games and those players were just denying my opportunity to have other games. I even asked gregsflat why he did that to me back then and gregsflat answered that he was on the verge of an all time high rating, so he didn't want to lose those points. Ah, well then, so artificially inflating a rating is a good reason! Perfect sense. So, I joined.

Now I love it when a player is losing on the next move and freezes, apparently hoping that I will die before the clock runs out. Very good. Enjoy every second of the clock ticking down. Yes, turn it around. Make it a pleasure source.

Alas, this stinks globally, however, when it applies to tournaments. Then it is just hanging up many players from enjoying this site. Alas, it's the rules. There's nothing to be done about it.
  7. Los Angeles
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 02:52
    Thank you coquette..and you have been avoiding me!
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 07:39
    They do it because it makes you feel like you do now and gives them a perverted sense of revenge which brightens up their tiny little world.
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 20:38
    Thank you coquette..and you have been avoiding me!
    Not at all. I've never turned down a challenge from you.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Mar '15 22:10
    Under the circumstance you describe you should be able to set up a conditional move.
  11. Subscriberhenjutsu
    InsectRightsAdvocate
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 18:16
    Hmm... I've seen it happen but it hasn't bothered me. 230 games keep me busy enough. I suspect I unintentionally do the same thing, since on many days I sort my games by least time remaining, which puts the 21/21 tournaments way behind. Also I tend to not resign easily, I think it's gentlemanly to allow my opponent every extra opportunity to screw up, or perhaps walk into a stalemate. There have been many games where I drank and lost a queen/rook/both rooks, and then 20 stubborn moves later legitimately win anyway. So if I'm resigning, it's probably on the very last move.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 18:31
    I have very little experience of being one move away from giving checkmate but ~ if the moment were prolonged a bit ~ wouldn't it be a bit like that tantric sex and delayed orgasms that Sting used to go on about?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:12
    Relax, don't do it, when you want to come.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree