General Forum

General Forum

  1. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    25 Jan '15 15:29
    So it's pitch black out, before 7 AM, and I'm on my way to work when I get a flat tire. I'm on the highway. I pull over on the side, and wait an hour and a half for the tow truck to arrive. By then the sun rose, and I see that right where I'm sitting, there are two memorials (death markers) on the embankment. Absolutely reasurring. Not.

    Anyway, aside from the fact that there was no air in the spare tire (I got this car in May), I discovered that the spare didn't go to that car!!!

    So I would strongly suggest that if you have a spare tire, you check that (A) it has air in it and (B) it actually goes to that car. I'm just sayin'.
  2. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Jan '15 16:02
    Originally posted by Sahuaro


    So I would strongly suggest that if you have a spare tire, you check that (A) it has air in it and (B) it actually goes to that car. I'm just sayin'.
    Common sense I would have thought 😛
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    529903
    25 Jan '15 16:39
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    So it's pitch black out, before 7 AM, and I'm on my way to work when I get a flat tire. I'm on the highway. I pull over on the side, and wait an hour and a half for the tow truck to arrive. By then the sun rose, and I see that right where I'm sitting, there are two memorials (death markers) on the embankment. Absolutely reasurring. Not.

    Anyway, aside ...[text shortened]... ire, you check that (A) it has air in it and (B) it actually goes to that car. I'm just sayin'.
    You have had a very hard experience.

    Thank you for making us aware!
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    25 Jan '15 16:43
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    So it's pitch black out, before 7 AM, and I'm on my way to work when I get a flat tire. I'm on the highway. I pull over on the side, and wait an hour and a half for the tow truck to arrive. By then the sun rose, and I see that right where I'm sitting, there are two memorials (death markers) on the embankment. Absolutely reasurring. Not.

    Anyway, aside ...[text shortened]... ire, you check that (A) it has air in it and (B) it actually goes to that car. I'm just sayin'.
    my sister bought a car for her son, anyway he got a flat, so he phoned green flag rescue they turned up got out the spare then realised all the wheels on the car were van wheels robbed or what?
  5. SubscriberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Joined
    04 Nov '09
    Moves
    179114
    25 Jan '15 16:46
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Common sense I would have thought 😛
    Common sense is the most uncommon of senses...😀
  6. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    25 Jan '15 16:47
    If you sat in the dark between two death marks, I am
    sorry to inform that you are now officially cursed.

    Expect really, really sad stuff coming your way.

    Soon.
  7. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Jan '15 16:52
    Originally posted by LEUR
    Common sense is the most uncommon of senses...😀
    Wut? Common sense is scarce?
  8. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    25 Jan '15 16:53
    Originally posted by redbadger
    my sister bought a car for her son, anyway he got a flat, so he phoned green flag rescue they turned up got out the spare then realised all the wheels on the car were van wheels robbed or what?
    I once got a puncture on my bike. It made me sad because I couldn't play out with my friends.
  9. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Joined
    09 Jun '14
    Moves
    10079
    25 Jan '15 16:54
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I once got a puncture on my bike. It made me sad because I couldn't play out with my friends.
    that almost happened to me
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    25 Jan '15 18:15
    And here I thought this thread was about weight loss. 😞
    (I hope you're okay and get the right wheel/tire for your vehicle) 🙂
  11. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    25 Jan '15 20:221 edit
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    Common sense I would have thought 😛
    Why would I assume that the spare in the trunk doesn't match the car that I bought from a dealership?

    And what you consider common sense is actually knowledge that was passed on to you at some point. Unfortunately, I was forced to learn to sew and bake in school while boys were learning the fun stuff.
  12. old pueblo
    Joined
    03 Apr '11
    Moves
    12696
    25 Jan '15 20:27
    Originally posted by Seitse
    If you sat in the dark between two death marks, I am
    sorry to inform that you are now officially cursed.

    Expect really, really sad stuff coming your way.

    Soon.
    On the plus side, um. No. I'm cursed. Doomed. Etc.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    324021
    25 Jan '15 21:09
    Originally posted by Sahuaro
    Unfortunately, I was forced to learn to sew and bake in school while boys were learning the fun stuff.
    Yeah - and also forced to do that doll rubbish when all we really wanted was a Meccano set.
  14. SubscriberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Joined
    04 Nov '09
    Moves
    179114
    26 Jan '15 10:46
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    And here I thought this thread was about weight loss. 😞
    (I hope you're okay and get the right wheel/tire for your vehicle) 🙂
    Check your spares but don't spare your checks (made out to me, that is)
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35902
    26 Jan '15 14:041 edit
    Originally posted by Sicilian Sausage
    I once got a puncture on my bike. It made me sad because I couldn't play out with my friends.
    I ride every day through my city. I get a flat about once a week (on average).
Back to Top