22 Dec '19 10:50
    When things just don't go as planned:

YouTube
  2. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 10:56
    Makes a great fire safety advert. Lucky it was just the fairy that got her wings burnt.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 21:17
    @drewnogal said
    Makes a great fire safety advert. Lucky it was just the fairy that got her wings burnt.
    "Lucky it was just the fairy that got her wings burnt."

Yeah, can you imagine the horror of a complete "Miss Havisham" on Christmas Day? 😲
  4. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 22:05
    😮!!!
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    22 Dec '19 22:151 edit
    pro tip for all you parents raising small demons -

take the time to wrap several empty boxes as xmas presents and when the spawn act inconceivably,

toss one into the fireplace

*edited for spelling
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 01:52
    @rookie54 said
    pro tip for all you parents raising small demons -

take the time to wrap several empty boxes as xmas presents and when the spawn act inconceivably,

toss one into the fireplace
    That's considered murder in most jurisdictions.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    23 Dec '19 13:18
    @handyandy said
    That's considered murder in most jurisdictions.
    I'm sure, with the right lawyer, you could get off with an insanity plea. Assuming of course all jury members, the judge and the prosecutor have kids. 🤔
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    25 Dec '19 09:19
    Jumped out of bed, swigged back a half cup of coffee, ran out and scraped the ice off my car windscreen, set off up the road, arrived at the car park...Where is everyone? Oh ok, must be at the other venue so off I drove, feeling proud of myself. Drove by, no one there either, then it dawned on me...........🧐

Haven’t the people on my village facebook hub ever heard of the 24 hour clock??? I arrived for the Christmas Service 12 hours too late 🥴
    (where’s a gong emoji when you really need one? )
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '19 11:25
    @drewnogal said
    Jumped out of bed, swigged back a half cup of coffee, ran out and scraped the ice off my car windscreen, set off up the road, arrived at the car park...Where is everyone? Oh ok, must be at the other venue so off I drove, feeling proud of myself. Drove by, no one there either, then it dawned on me...........🧐

Haven’t the people on my village facebook hub ever heard of the ...[text shortened]... ved for the Christmas Service 12 hours too late 🥴
    (where’s a gong emoji when you really need one? )
    So you not only arrived at the wrong time but on the wrong date, I’m going to say you’re at fault here.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '19 13:31
    @wolfe63 said
    When things just don't go as planned:

[youtube]V-qwrWw3Q0s[/youtube]
    Seen it before but that is one of the funniest Christmas video clips. Bless her.

“Oh no”.

Lol.
  11. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 02:26
    Both toilets here are backed up and there is raw sewage in both the tub and the shower...

Where’s cousin Eddie when you need him.

Where’s the Tylenol!
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 03:52
    @hakima said
    Both toilets here are backed up and there is raw sewage in both the tub and the shower...

Where’s cousin Eddie when you need him.

Where’s the Tylenol!
    Now THAT is a Christmas Disaster.
    Poor dear!

Tylenol hell, you'd be better served by a gallon of bleach and a liter of Ouzo! 😀
  13. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 06:43
    @wolfe63 said
    Now THAT is a Christmas Disaster.
    Poor dear!

Tylenol hell, you'd be better served by a gallon of bleach and a liter of Ouzo! 😀
    I was on-call for to answer the county crisis line and my phone didn’t ring once...

The beauty of living in a flat is that while plumbing issues are a real pain and inconvenience, ultimately I don’t have to fix it... so I only have it half as bad as homeowners.

Our maintenance personnel took time from his family 45 minutes away to immediately respond. He couldn’t fix the problem so a plumber will come tomorrow and I have the key to the vacant flat next door for use of the facilities until mine are repaired.

I cooked a full pot of traditional cabbage rolls and there are plenty of leftovers.

I was able to FaceTime my grandchildren who were absolutely delighted with the presents I sent them.

My sweet little tree with the butterflies is still shining bravely beside me.

Now I’m curling up in my very warm bed with a bottle of red and half a bag of stale caramel popcorn I found in the pantry and watching the movie FMF recommended on the Spirituality side...

Christmas wasn’t perfect but with a little reflection, I am reminded that my life is very good indeed; I’m safe and warm and loved and wildly contented...

Here’s to more of the same for the new year and decade!

🎄♥️🎄
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 08:061 edit
    Boxing Day, and no disasters... yet. 🙂
  15. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    26 Dec '19 13:48
    @hakima said
    I was on-call for to answer the county crisis line and my phone didn’t ring once...

The beauty of living in a flat is that while plumbing issues are a real pain and inconvenience, ultimately I don’t have to fix it... so I only have it half as bad as homeowners.

Our maintenance personnel took time from his family 45 minutes away to immediately respond. He couldn’t fix the ...[text shortened]... and loved and wildly contented...

Here’s to more of the same for the new year and decade!

🎄♥️🎄
    "a bottle of red and half a bag of stale caramel popcorn", OK hakima I'd say, from that combination, that there quite possibly, could be another round of "plumbing issues" in your near future. 😉 All the best in the New Year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree