Christmas

Christmas

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Dec 12

Ok, I just had to do it.

Who is done with their christmas shopping who hasn't even started, raises hand.

There are only 14 shopping days left!

rural North Dakota

Moves
11 Dec 12

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Ok, I just had to do it.

It is all done, Rusty. I grew up in a town with no stores, so we did all of our shopping through Sears, Roebuck, and Montgomery Ward. It is a habit I learned and cultivated through four babies and living in the woods of Puget Sound, and now on the prairie. I absolutely despise shopping! I curl up in the recliner, set a mug of coffee on the lamp table, and thumb through catalogs. Mark what I like, go over them again in a few days...maybe changing my mind in the process...make my final decisions, put a check in an envelope with the order blank, and stick it in my mailbox...after putting a stamp on it. No sweat. My kids order through Amazon.com on the internet. Haven't done that yet.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
12 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by ale1552
It is all done, Rusty. I grew up in a town with no stores, so we did all of our shopping through Sears, Roebuck, and Montgomery Ward. It is a habit I learned and cultivated through four babies and living in the woods of Puget Sound, and now on the prairie. I absolutely despise shopping! I curl up in the recliner, set a mug of coffee on the lamp table, an ...[text shortened]... mp on it. No sweat. My kids order through Amazon.com on the internet. Haven't done that yet.
I give mostly money myself to the adults, for the children I get them gifts, mostly clothes that they can use. I figure they get enough toys from other people. We have a few places here that collect toys to give to children that I donate to.

rural North Dakota

Moves
12 Dec 12

I give mostly money myself to the adults, for the children I get them gifts, mostly clothes that they can use. I figure they get enough toys from other people. We have a few places here that collect toys to give to children that I donate to.
Sounds really sensible! mr. ale and I buy a mutual gift for ourselves. Fruitcake is a favorite. He stopped buying me gifts many years ago. I still get him the basic clothing, and then I buy some article of clothing for myself, put it in a Christmas bag under the tree and surprise him with what "he bought me". Works for us! I get loads of gifts from my piano students. I can still tell you who gave what...even though they are from over thirty years ago. Mostly decorations, of course. Many are now giving me gift certificates.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
13 Dec 12

Ok, I just had to do it.

I spent about 30 minutes shopping on line for my wife, and everything has already been delivered. Everybody else gets a card, if not an e-card.

Tough times call for tough measures. 🙁

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
13 Dec 12
2 edits

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
13 Dec 12

The people I care about, I give year-around. I don't have toddlers anymore, and don't believe that Jesus is Savior, so Christmas kinda flies under the radar.

Think about the trees! Won't anyone care about the trees!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
13 Dec 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Any gifts for friends at RHP?

😴

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
13 Dec 12

rural North Dakota

Moves
14 Dec 12

Hm...that gives me an idea. Maybe mistletoe instead of sox for mr. ale. 😀

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Dec 12

Originally posted by ale1552
Hm...that gives me an idea. Maybe mistletoe instead of sox for mr. ale. 😀
I'm sure he would be delighted! 😉

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 12

Oh, noes...

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Dec 12

Originally posted by sumydid
I spent about 30 minutes shopping on line for my wife, and everything has already been delivered. Everybody else gets a card, if not an e-card.

Tough times call for tough measures. 🙁
Hey, Sumydid, what would you like to find in your stocking from Santa Claus this year...
maybe a manual on the basics of picking winners in the NFL. (lol)

Moves
14 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Hey, Sumydid, what would you like to find in your stocking from Santa Claus this year... [hidden]maybe a manual on the basics of picking winners in the NFL. (lol)[/hidden]
I usually find a load of cum in my stockings.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Dec 12

Originally posted by Kegge
I usually find a load of cum in my stockings.
Surprise gifts are usually the best.