1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 May '19 05:18
    Rusty, could you re-paste the article? I have a suspicion that what triggered the alert was the four-letter reference to the posterior exit of the digestive tract, only this time, cut that bit out. Yes, I really did read the article in its entirety, and I'd be interested to know whether that was what triggered the alert and ultimately the premature burial.

PS Congrats on a cracking good thread. It will be remembered.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 May '19 05:32
    @moonbus said
    Rusty, could you re-paste the article? I have a suspicion that what triggered the alert was the four-letter reference to the posterior exit of the digestive tract, only this time, cut that bit out. Yes, I really did read the article in its entirety, and I'd be interested to know whether that was what triggered the alert and ultimately the premature burial.

What the ....
    A whole thread is pulled because of one word!

I speed read the original post and didn't see anything.

Did he say BOTTOM?
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 May '19 05:481 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    What the ....
    A whole thread is pulled because of one word!

I speed read the original post and didn't see anything.

Did he say BOTTOM?
    No, Rusty copy-pasted an article from somewhere, and the word was four letters, not "bottom." Perfectly correct medical term for the exit from the digestive tract. But, of course, it may have been something else. Just speculation at this point.

EDIT There is an alternative explanation. I had said to him that he could post on any topic whatever, and picked chrysanthemums as a sample of a totally harmless topic, and that it would get trashed. And so it came to pass, exactly as predicted.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 09:411 edit
    @moonbus said

It was actually just done as a test which we had talked about that I would even get thumbs down if I posted about chrysanthemums. If it is the word ass or penis it has been used by others on this site and not removed? Are we getting back to the two sets of rules now? I never even got a post from a Moderator, so perhaps it was done by auto-bot!!!

-VR
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:04
    - Actually, I think the thread was headed in a very sour direction.
    With history as a guide, we can assume that Very Rusty didn't like that.
    - Very Rusty whines.
    -Threads get deleted.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:071 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    - Very Rusty whines.
    -Threads get deleted.
    Goad...Whines...Threads stay up, see how that works? πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:10
    @very-rusty said
    Goad...Whines...Threads stay up, see how that works? πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

-VR
    I warned you of the consequences of not posting your sources. Perhaps the Mods have a low opinion of plagiarism?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:121 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I warned you of the consequences of not posting your sources. Perhaps the Mods have a low opinion of plagiarism?
    No it was a word use, may not even have been done by a mod. Auto bot may have done it because of a word or words used in it. Mods don't care about plagiarism, you and Andy do though!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ IF I ever reveal a source it was a mistake, just so you know in advance!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:20
    @very-rusty said
    No it was a word use, may not even have been done by a mod. Auto bot may have done it because of a word or words used in it. Mods don't care about plagiarism, you and Andy do though!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ IF I ever reveal a source it was a mistake, just so you know in advance!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
    An inappropriate word might remove your post, but not the entire thread.

Of course, there is the other possibility that when 'YOU' asked the mods to remove the Chrysanthemum thread in the clan forum, you didn't specify the forum and they simply removed the duplicate one in GF instead. Didn't think of that, did you Sherlock?
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 10:221 edit
    @moonbus said
    No, Rusty copy-pasted an article from somewhere, and the word was four letters, not "bottom." Perfectly correct medical term for the exit from the digestive tract. But, of course, it may have been something else. Just speculation at this point.

EDIT There is an alternative explanation. I had said to him that he could post on any topic whatever, and picked chrysanthemums as ...[text shortened]... totally harmless topic, and that it would get trashed. And so it came to pass, exactly as predicted.
    Yup it sure did in double digit thumbs down. πŸ˜‰

Although it was and they came through as expected!!!

Auto-bot may have been responsible for removing the copy pasted article. If it was Moderator as I've said no Mod contacted me about it.

-VR
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 May '19 11:23
    @moonbus said
    The word was anus, Rusty's favorite orifice.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 11:253 edits
    @handyandy said
    The word was anus, Rusty's favorite orifice.
    Andy, let yours stop working and it will become your most important body part. πŸ˜‰

You don't know me well enough to know my favorite orifice, your first guess is wrong as usual!!! πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

Had you not Put my name into your comment to moonbus I wouldn't have even said anything, but appears you like to keep the ball rolling.

Did you have your birthday yet? πŸ˜‰

-VR
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 May '19 11:35
    @very-rusty said
    Did you have your birthday yet?
    Why do you ask?
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 May '19 11:36
    @handyandy said
    Why do you ask?
    So I know when to send you your birthday wishes of course!!! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    16 May '19 11:43
    @very-rusty said
    So I know when to send you your birthday wishes of course!!!
    You're talking through your anus again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree