1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 May '14 08:47
    Curiosity got the better of me, and I had to get this when it was released. Sat down to watch it last night, not quite to the end just yet. (So no spoilers)

Anyone else seen it? I just can't imagine the market for this film existing outside of anyone who fits all of the following -

- Grew up in 70s/80s.
    - Is a software engineer
    - Is involved in chess/chess Ai

Then consider it is shot in 4:3, black and white, and using VHS quality video (faked presumably!).

The movie website Computer Chess

I'm not recommending it, because it really isn't for everyone, but just highlighting that such a thing exists! Just don't spend extra on a Blu-ray version.
  2. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '14 09:012 edits
    I would be willing to bet that you and I are the only ones who even understands that programming has a feminine side, and I would loove to stay at your room if you have an extra bed.

😵
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 May '14 10:56
    A pick up line which is guaranteed 100% Reveal Hidden Content
    to fail
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 May '14 11:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    A pick up line which is guaranteed 100% [hidden]to fail[/hidden].
    From looking at the trailer, it seems that it could be a fun watch whether you're a programmer or not. I think I'll have a look see.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 May '14 11:12
    The trailer looks really interesting I might invest the 12.99
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '14 11:191 edit
    Curiosity got the better of me, and I had to get this when it was released. Sat down to watch it last night, not quite to the end just yet. (So no spoilers)

Anyone else seen it? I just can't imagine the market for this film existing outside of anyone who fits all of the following -

- Grew up in 70s/80s.
    - Is a software engineer
    - Is involved in che ...[text shortened]... e, but just highlighting that such a thing exists! Just don't spend extra on a Blu-ray version.
    I saw the film in Copenhagen during CPH DOX festival.
    I think I wrote about it on this forum but I am not sure.
    After the film a producer Alex Lipschultz asked the audience>
    "Raise your hand if you thought at first that it was a documentary..." Many did.
    He explained difficulties with finding ancient cameras etc...
    Funny that many "actors" are in fact "serious" people...

I asked a question>>>
    "Khm, I have, khm, very personal question... if you feel embarrassed, you don't have to answer...khm, do you play chess?"
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '14 11:25
    A pick up line which is guaranteed 100% [hidden]to fail[/hidden].
    yes, its a fail, something like, 'your mine woman', or 'resistance is futile', is much more effective, try it.😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree