1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 16:51
    I'll be the first to confess. I enter hardcore grand tournaments just to make a lot of moves. These turn my games into total useless random messes. I can't help myself. I don't have the character it takes to strive for excellent chess or use engines to get better results. I just settle for quantity over the esteem of a marginally higher rating.

I feel much better now. My spirit is cleansed.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 17:101 edit
    Originally posted by coquette
    I'll be the first to confess. I enter hardcore grand tournaments just to make a lot of moves. These turn my games into total useless random messes. I can't help myself. I don't have the character it takes to strive for excellent chess or use engines to get better results. I just settle for quantity over the esteem of a marginally higher rating.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." ~Socrates He certainly doesn't mince words, does he. You're in good company, @coquette. "Joined RHP July 4, 2006 [nine years ago]. Highest rating Past 5 Years:1580; 1 Year: 1,528; 90 days: 1,461." Not too shabby as they say. "Total Games: 20,093." Wow! "Total Moves: 691,493." Double Wow! Only a few more to reach your personal goal of 1,000,000 +1. You have nothing to "confess" to anyone.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 17:36
    I don't have anything to confess in particular, but my conscience bothers me all the time. "Shouldn't you be doing more/caring more/working harder/standing up for some political doctrine or belief/being more chivalrous/being kinder?" it seems to say.

I wish I could send my conscience on a long, expenses-paid one-way trip to bother the really bad people instead of me. It just doesn't posess quite the good manners, education, and ability to deal in facts needed to engage me in productive dialogue.
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 18:56

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '15 22:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    drewnogal, pleases focus on your inner beauty which isn't subject to the ravages of the fleeting years on planet earth; just be you...........
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 13:22

Confession is only the first step.
    repentence would be the second.
    So do you cease to register for those tourneys?
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:083 edits
    Confessional

Recently I dreamed of serendipitously meeting another Red Hot Pawn Member in the lobby of a hotel a thousand miles away from my home. We somehow recognized each other immediately and then our relaxed conversation began. Ten minutes later we agreed to meet in the lobby at 7:00pm for dinner at a nearby restaurant. During an excellent dinner we discussed world events, professional sports, literature, chess, these public forums and earlier times here until closing time when we exchanged home phone numbers before saying our good byes.

This dream is as vivid now as when I awakened that memorable morning a few days ago....
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:24
    I confess to wearing loud shirts and groping for trout in strange brooks.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 15:19
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I confess to wearing loud shirts and groping for trout in strange brooks.
    ... rainbow trout?
  10. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:26
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Confession is only the first step.
    repentence would be the second.
    So do you cease to register for those tourneys?
    Nay, I still enter them and crash into a morass of stupid moves. I confess yet again, unrepentent, lacking remorse, devoid of character.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:24
    Nay, I still enter them and crash into a morass of stupid moves. I confess yet again, unrepentent, lacking remorse, devoid of character.
    Oh well, look at it this way: it would be worse if you were in Cozad.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 13:51
    I confess that when some people I play chess against give me advice (concerning chess) I don't follow it.😲:'(😀
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 15:30
    I confess to peeing in the shower.
  14. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:251 edit
    peeing in the shower is ( believe it or not ) the official government policy in Brazil ( in the interest of saving fresh water for drinking ), this policy was announced last year,
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:32

Fun experiment: try only moving your pieces to the left (unless illegal) and see if your rating goes down any.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree