1. The World
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 12:56
    By the title, this is exactly that, however:

Yesterday's cowardly truck attack in New York, was, seemingly slightly different to previous terrorist attacks, with 6 of the 8 victims being shown to be tourists (at the time of writing I've not seen anything on the final 2 who lost their lives), visiting the USA. Additionally, the normally shoot first (often a lot of times) way of the American Police in dealing with a terror threat (and I am not disrespecting the police, if it is a genuine terrorist then splatter them before they can kill more people), seems to have been significantly lower key than previous attacks.

Could this have been a plot to strengthen Trump's isolationist views? Someone acting for a USA SS type body, who will now disappear and have facial surgery etc, to hide his former identity. Is that why it was a single abdomen 'shot', somewhere easy to have a blood pack.

I have a fiction writers imagination, and I would hope no Government would do something so heinous, but with President Trump's rhetoric, I'd not be greatly surprised.
  2. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 13:52
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts

Yesterday's cowardly truck attack in New York, was, seemingly slightly different to previous terrorist attacks, with 6 of the 8 victims being shown to be tourists (at the time of writing I've not seen anything on the final 2 who lost their lives), visiting the USA. Additionally, the normally shoot firs ...[text shortened]... ould do something so heinous, but with President Trump's rhetoric, I'd not be greatly surprised.
    Interesting hypothesis and not out of the realm of possibility but do you really think they (whomever they are) would sink so low?
  3. The World
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 20:18
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Interesting hypothesis and not out of the realm of possibility but do you really think they (whomever they are) would sink so low?
    If people are willing to kill, hurt, maim to get on it their world, then nothing would shock me.

And if a person does something evil (to the majority) but for what they feel is the right reasons, then they'll do whatever it takes.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 20:23
    Did they ever figure out who shot JFK ? 😴
  5. The World
    Moves
    01 Nov '17 20:35
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    He shot himself, I saw it in a Red Dwarf episode!
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by @paul-a-roberts

Yesterday's cowardly truck attack in New York, was, seemingly slightly different to previous terrorist attacks, with 6 of the 8 victims being shown to be tourists (at the time of writing I've not seen anything on the final 2 who lost their lives), visiting the USA. Additionally, the normally shoot firs ...[text shortened]... ould do something so heinous, but with President Trump's rhetoric, I'd not be greatly surprised.
    It might be more like the cop was aiming for his head but missed and hit his stomach instead. He was probably not very close to the dude and just ran off some shots and at least one of them hit.

It sounds to me like the terrorist was hoping for a suicide by cop, running around with pellet gun and toy gun? If he had died, ISIS would have turned him into a martyr.

The best way to deal with that, is upon getting the death penalty, cover him with raw hamburger and let him loose in a big pen full of vicious dogs making sure it is properly video taped. That death is the worse kind for a terrorist.
  7. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:07
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It might be more like the cop was aiming for his head but missed and hit his stomach instead. He was probably not very close to the dude and just ran off some shots and at least one of them hit.

It sounds to me like the terrorist was hoping for a suicide by cop, running around with pellet gun and toy gun? If he had died, ISIS would have turned him int ...[text shortened]... cious dogs making sure it is properly video taped. That death is the worse kind for a terrorist.
    Me thinks the NYPD should go to the shooting range more often. Aside that maybe a good idea to keep him alive to torture him for more info and maybe send s message.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:08
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    Some say it was the guy driving the car as Kennedy went backwards from the force of the bullet.

-VR
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:16
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Some say it was the guy driving the car as Kennedy went backwards from the force of the bullet.

-VR
    I thought that the bullet angles suggested there were snipers positioned in many places.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I thought that the bullet angles suggested there were snipers positioned in many places.
    Yes, there are many theories on what exactly happened yours is also one of the scenarios.

The Trumpster put a stop to making certain files open for public viewing saying it was because of national security. Looks like a cover up to me and they don't want the real story to come out.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Nov '17 19:36
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Yes, there are many theories on what exactly happened yours is also one of the scenarios.

The Trumpster put a stop to making certain files open for public viewing saying it was because of national security. Looks like a cover up to me and they don't want the real story to come out.

-VR
    Kevin Costner acted in the film 'JFK' - what were the conclusions there, does anyone recall...?
  12. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 13:44
    The movie claimed that there had to have been at least two shooters at different positions.
    They made a big Show from the very very improbably trajectory of the bullet under the assumption that it had been fired by Oswald...
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    07 Nov '17 14:31
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    The movie claimed that there had to have been at least two shooters at different positions.
    They made a big Show from the very very improbably trajectory of the bullet under the assumption that it had been fired by Oswald...
    My theory, albeit somewhat "out there", is that the deaths of both Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe were of doubles so that the real ones could live together on a secluded, though well stocked, island in the South Pacific. Possible?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree