General Forum

General Forum

1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 04:19
    Should artists have the right to veto the use of their music by the campaigns of politicians they disagree with?

Has anyone been disappointed by hearing a song they liked being played during an advert they didn't like?
  2. Dumnonia
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 07:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    Should artists have the right to veto the use of their music by the campaigns of politicians they disagree with?

Has anyone been disappointed by hearing a song they liked being played during an advert they didn't like?
    I was watching a video in a news article this morning which included drone footage of war-torn Syria, the backing track was a sort of electro-dub of the soldiers radio communications. It made the footage appear like an advert of a Terminator movie. Very poor taste.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 07:27
    It's only a matter of a short time before today's hippest hits are used as backing tracks for cookery magazine TV shows.
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 07:361 edit
    I've always had a bit of a problem with The Cars "Drive" ~ a song about whether or not some lonely supermodel in a tiny white dress has got a bloke with a mullet hairdo (and a car) to go home with and rodger now that the bar has closed ~ being the indelible soundtrack for the 1985 Ethiopian famine.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 07:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've always had a bit of a problem with The Cars "Drive" ~ a song about whether or not some lonely supermodel in a tiny white dress has got a bloke with a mullet hairdo (and a car) to go home with and rodger now that the bar has closed ~ being the indelible soundtrack for the 1985 Ethiopian famine.
    I'm dying to know -- did she or didn't she?
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 08:15
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    You decide.

YouTube : Ethiopia 1985
  7. Standard memberpawnpaw
    Please Pay Attention
    Lethabong
    Moves
    02 Feb '16 11:25
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Noo she didn't...