Controlling what music is associated with

Controlling what music is associated with

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Feb 16

Should artists have the right to veto the use of their music by the campaigns of politicians they disagree with?

Has anyone been disappointed by hearing a song they liked being played during an advert they didn't like?

Moves
02 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
Should artists have the right to veto the use of their music by the campaigns of politicians they disagree with?

Has anyone been disappointed by hearing a song they liked being played during an advert they didn't like?
I was watching a video in a news article this morning which included drone footage of war-torn Syria, the backing track was a sort of electro-dub of the soldiers radio communications. It made the footage appear like an advert of a Terminator movie. Very poor taste.

N

Moves
02 Feb 16

It's only a matter of a short time before today's hippest hits are used as backing tracks for cookery magazine TV shows.

F

Moves
02 Feb 16
1 edit

I've always had a bit of a problem with The Cars "Drive" ~ a song about whether or not some lonely supermodel in a tiny white dress has got a bloke with a mullet hairdo (and a car) to go home with and rodger now that the bar has closed ~ being the indelible soundtrack for the 1985 Ethiopian famine.

N

Moves
02 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
I've always had a bit of a problem with The Cars "Drive" ~ a song about whether or not some lonely supermodel in a tiny white dress has got a bloke with a mullet hairdo (and a car) to go home with and rodger now that the bar has closed ~ being the indelible soundtrack for the 1985 Ethiopian famine.
I'm dying to know -- did she or didn't she?

F

Moves
02 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
You decide.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
02 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Noo she didn't...