1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '20 23:38
    @wolfgang59 said
    @Eladar
    From the article
    Sunshine solution?
    Would UVA or UVB work instead? And if so, does this mean you can disinfect things by leaving them out in the sun?

The short answer: possibly – but you wouldn’t want to rely on it.

Bearing in mind that the virus is destroyed in about an hour just sitting on
    most porous surfaces and survives 36 hours(ish) on steel I can't see the
    value in investigating sticking things in the sunlight. Why do you?
    Possibly, what does that mean?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 17:06
    By July in the US this round of Coronavirus will be complete. Something about the summer months shuts even the Coronavirus down.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 17:29
    @eladar said
    By July in the US this round of Coronavirus will be complete. Something about the summer months shuts even the Coronavirus down.
    Lets all hope you and the experts are correct on that one. I am still concerned about a second wave come fall though!

-VR
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 17:42
    @Very-Rusty

Maybe by then the infrastructure will be better set up for large numbers of cases.

Since 99.34 Percent of the people who get this thing live and a vast majority of people get the just a flu version, the general population is not in danger.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 17:45
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

Maybe by then the infrastructure will be better set up for large numbers of cases.

Since 99.34 Percent of the people who get this thing live and a vast majority of people get the just a flu version, the general population is not in danger.
    I think it will take a while for people to adjust to crowds again, especially if they've lost people close to them this affects people of all ages not just the elderly.

You shouldn't say much about percentages right now as the count still isn't over.

-VR
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 18:43
    @Very-Rusty

Just repeating what the experts are saying.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 18:52
    @eladar said
    @Very-Rusty

Just repeating what the experts are saying.
    Which changes from day to day!

-VR
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 19:391 edit
    I suppose we should take all projected numbers with a grain of salt.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 19:44
    @eladar said
    I suppose we should take all projected numbers with a grain of salt.
    Well I for one am as they seem to change daily, as do the confirmed cases and deaths.

-VR
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '20 23:32
    @very-rusty said
    Well I for one am as they seem to change daily, as do the confirmed cases and deaths.

-VR
    The closer it gets to the apex, the number of deaths in a day will really spike, but then you will start to see exponential decay. If the experts are right, the next couple of weeks should look bad, but compared to total population the numbers are still small.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 12:231 edit
    @eladar said
    The closer it gets to the apex, the number of deaths in a day will really spike, but then you will start to see exponential decay. If the experts are right, the next couple of weeks should look bad, but compared to total population the numbers are still small.
    Had China not hid it from the world for at least a month we know about we may be much further ahead as that would give the best minds in the world a Monty or more to work on this. I am not blaming China for the virus itself as it could have been brought into the country as well as other things which have been suggested. Just the fact that they hid it from the world for so long. I've spoken to people from China who completely agree with me. We all know the story about the Dr. who tried to let people know earlier and his passing, being jailed, etc., sad state of affairs.

-VR
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 14:40
    @The-Gravedigger
    Not in the sense of bacteria but in order for UV to kill it, those rays dismantle it.
    So it seems having a strong UV light in your home could do the same.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 21:55
    @eladar said
    They are very rare. I have gotten many colds over my lifetime, never in the summer.
    But summer colds can actually make patients feel sicker because they generate
    more symptoms. Both types of colds are characterized by a runny nose and other
    upper respiratory symptoms, but summer viruses can affect the whole system
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 22:141 edit
    @wolfgang59

Summer colds are also spread differently. While winter colds are usually transmitted in enclosed rooms by respiratory droplets, summer viruses are spread through contact with body secretions and easily transmitted by children."But preventive measures are the same for both types of colds: wash hands often and well, and stay clear of people who are sick,” says Dr. Cohen. 

https://healthcare-in-europe.com/en/news/no-summer-vacations-for-viruses.html 

How is Coronavirus spread?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 22:36
    @eladar said
    @wolfgang59

Summer colds are also spread differently. While winter colds are usually transmitted in enclosed rooms by respiratory droplets, summer viruses are spread through contact with body secretions and easily transmitted by children."But preventive measures are the same for both types of colds: wash hands often and well, and stay clear of people who are sick,” says Dr. ...[text shortened]... althcare-in-europe.com/en/news/no-summer-vacations-for-viruses.html 

How is Coronavirus spread?
    You keep changing your argument and opinion. You are unable to have a
    discussion over a single point so I'm done here. If you want an adult conversation
    concerning a single point of debate then start a new thread and keep to the point.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree