Curate's Eggs

Curate's Eggs

General

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

Is there anything in the nitty gritty of your everyday life that can be described as a curate's egg?

Moves
24 Jul 22

@fmf said
Is there anything in the nitty gritty of your everyday life that can be described as a curate's egg?
This website.

G

Moves
24 Jul 22

@fmf said
My nitty isn't gritty and I'm allergic to eggs

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

@gambrel said
My nitty isn't gritty and I'm allergic to eggs
At the risk of seeming a smart alec, I must point out that you've made a very common error. The curate's egg is not an actual egg; in fact, it is the fatty extreme end portion of the tail of a chicken when cooked.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
24 Jul 22

@fmf said
At the risk of seeming a smart alec, I must point out that you've made a very common error. The curate's egg is not an actual egg; in fact, it is the fatty extreme end portion of the tail of a chicken when cooked.
I think you are getting your curates egg mixed up with the parsons nose.

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

@the-gravedigger said
I think you are getting your curates egg mixed up with the parsons nose.
Parson - a beneficed member of the clergy; a rector or a vicar. Curate - a member of the clergy engaged as assistant to a vicar or rector.

You, sir, are taking a hair and splitting it into infinitives.

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

@divegeester said
This website.
My codeword with my mother-in-law when I am referring to this website is "my watermelon",

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
24 Jul 22

@fmf said
Parson - a beneficed member of the clergy; a rector or a vicar. Curate - a member of the clergy engaged as assistant to a vicar or rector.

You, sir, are taking a hair and splitting it into infinitives.
Curates egg: 'a thing that is partly good and partly bad'

Parsons nose: 'a fleshy protuberance at the rear end of a bird (usually chicken, duck or turkey in culinary usage).'

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

@the-gravedigger said
Curates egg: 'a thing that is partly good and partly bad'

Parsons nose: 'a fleshy protuberance at the rear end of a bird (usually chicken, duck or turkey in culinary usage).'
Eggs and chicken, shmeggs and schmicken!

You're in the weeds, now, quibbling foodstuffs!

Moves
24 Jul 22

@fmf said
My codeword with my mother-in-law when I am referring to this website is "my watermelon",
Will you accuse me of channelling reservation brand if I say that I don’t understand?

F

Moves
24 Jul 22

@divegeester said
Will you accuse me of channelling reservation brand if I say that I don’t understand?
Not necessarily. you might be channelling Very Rusty.

r

Moves
24 Jul 22

Misfit King

Moves
25 Jul 22

@fmf said
I say "my site"

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Jul 22

@fmf said
No.

F

Moves
25 Jul 22

@suzianne said
No.
Not even peeling a boiled egg?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.