1. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 18:01
    @suzianne said
    I think you can probably have your pancakes without making fun of black people with unrealistic caricatures.

What if you saw a label on a product that showed some old, balding white guy with a stained white t-shirt and a pot belly wearing black socks and sandals with bermuda shorts? On a box of "Dirty Uncle Bob's Pancake Mix"? Would that be okay?
    I'd buy it
    😛
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    13 Feb '21 19:34
    @suzianne said
    I think you can probably have your pancakes without making fun of black people with unrealistic caricatures.

What if you saw a label on a product that showed some old, balding white guy with a stained white t-shirt and a pot belly wearing black socks and sandals with bermuda shorts? On a box of "Dirty Uncle Bob's Pancake Mix"? Would that be okay?
    Making fun of black people...? WTF??? you have to be kidding me.
    You think Aunt Jemima looks "dirty"...?

Tell me, did you see the movie, "back to the future" ??
    What did you think of the stereotypical use of an old, batty, crazy professor with uncombed hair??

Maybe "stereotypical" characters are used because they are most common? Ya think??

jeeeeez louise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree