General Forum

General Forum

DayDreaming

Standard memberjosephw
General 03 Sep '16 22:37
  1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Sep '16 22:37
    My favorite pastime. How about you?
  2. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38779
    03 Sep '16 22:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    My favorite pastime. How about you?
    I lose myself in daydreams when I'm gardening. I can spend hours digging out blackberry roots and weeds on a small piece of scrubland I have where I imagine that I am living on a smallholding in sunny France.
  3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Sep '16 23:03
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    I lose myself in daydreams when I'm gardening. I can spend hours digging out blackberry roots and weeds on a small piece of scrubland I have where I imagine that I am living on a smallholding in sunny France.
    That's beautiful. I really mean that. Today I was in a meadow. Blue sky and clouds. If I had been alone I would have had no distractions.
  4. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38779
    03 Sep '16 23:14
    In spite of being the fifth of six children I spent a lot of time alone in the large garden of an isolated house at the top of a long hill as a small child. My imagination was my best friend. 🙂
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    03 Sep '16 23:16
    I am a pathological daydreamer, and it goes in 2 very dangerous
    directions. Either I dream about crazy ventures, which I end up plotting
    in reality, planning, and developing for weeks or months, until
    someone close to me tells me that they're nuts and shows me how
    they wouldn't work.

    The other path is less dangerous. I daydream about ways of starting
    revolutions, executing rich people, creating a bloodbath and
    scandalizing the good consciences of the media puppets of the 1%.
    And I turn angry, bitter and resentful for months after I realize nobody
    will follow me into anarchism.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Sep '16 23:21
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    In spite of being the fifth of six children I spent a lot of time alone in the large garden of an isolated house at the top of a long hill as a small child. My imagination was my best friend. 🙂
    I think mine is too, but it may be that I'm only just beginning to realise it, at 63 years old.

    Nostalgic memories are powerful don't you think?
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    03 Sep '16 23:26
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I am a pathological daydreamer, and it goes in 2 very dangerous
    directions. Either I dream about crazy ventures, which I end up plotting
    in reality, planning, and developing for weeks or months, until
    someone close to me tells me that they're nuts and shows me how
    they wouldn't work.

    The other path is less dangerous. I daydream about ways of starting ...[text shortened]... rn angry, bitter and resentful for months after I realize nobody
    will follow me into anarchism.
    I'm with you. It's as if the real thing has no meaning. So I imagine the way I think it should be. Then I'm caught in the dilemma that I'm not the author of reality, only a player.
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    digital entity
    libera te ex inferis
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88226
    03 Sep '16 23:33
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I am a pathological daydreamer...
    😵
  9. Joined
    07 Aug '12
    Moves
    38779
    05 Sep '16 03:57
    Originally posted by josephw
    I think mine is too, but it may be that I'm only just beginning to realise it, at 63 years old.

    Nostalgic memories are powerful don't you think?
    I agree. Daydreams and nostalgia are a wonderful way of enhancing or escaping the present moment.
Back to Top