Death of a Forum

Death of a Forum

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Nov 15

I have been an occasional contributor and frequent visitor in the debates forum and don't recall any former clan contributor causing any disruption or any deletion of a thread

just another bum rap for former clan forum posters

F

Moves
25 Nov 15
1 edit

Originally posted by lemondrop
I have been an occasional contributor and frequent visitor in the debates forum and don't recall any former clan contributor causing any disruption or any deletion of a thread
Really?

What would be your guess as to the reason why, for instance, the long "What is Civility?" thread was deleted?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
Really?

What would be your guess as to the reason why, for instance, the long "What is Civility?" thread was deleted?
I don't know

tell me why

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
It has caused that forum to be dying out?
No, it probably increased the popularity.

F

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by lemondrop
I don't know

tell me why
Clans Forum stalwarts ~ despite warnings ~ bickering about who was to blame for the Clans Forum being suspended. Many pages of the interesting debate - between other posters prior to that - were lost.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
People were emoting and fighting on the Posers and Puzzles Forum?
Originally posted by wolfgang59 (OP)
"When I first joined RHP the only forum I went to was Posers and Puzzles.
It was lively way back then.
What happened?"

Of course not; it has always set high marks for civility; no longer "lively".
because it doesn't provide the venue for "emoting and fighting".

F

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Of course not; it has always set high marks for civility; no longer "lively".
because it doesn't provide the venue for "emoting and fighting".
So how can what happened at Posers and Puzzles be "the same thing that's in the process of happening to this forum (General Forum)", as you claimed on page 1.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
So how can what happened at Posers and Puzzles be "the same thing that's in the process of happening to this forum (General Forum)", as you claimed on page 1.
"The same thing that's in the process of happening to this forum: a critical nucleus
of frequent posters seem to prefer to emote and fight rather than think." (page 1)

It lowers the lowest common denominator of civility on this forum which will eventually
lose its appeal for those who have no need to emote and fight in public. Period..

F

Moves
25 Nov 15

It lowers the lowest common denominator of civility on this forum which will eventually lose its appeal for those who have no need to emote and fight in public. Period..
But now you're talking nonsense in an effort to somehow cover up the nonsense you talked on page 1.

Posers and Puzzles' first page of threads goes back to 7 March 2015. For the Debates Forum you need to go back more than 20 pages of thread titles ~ 600+ threads ~ to find 7 March.

How can you possibly claim that the "same thing" happened at Posers and Puzzles as is "in the process of happening" at the Debates Forum?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Nov 15

": a critical nucleus of frequent posters seem
to prefer to emote and fight rather than think."
Reminder: The only topic of this thread is "Death of a Forum" which excludes
ad hoc attacks on other Red Hot Pawn members. Please comply. Thank you.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Reminder: The only topic of this thread is "Death of a Forum" which excludes
ad hoc attacks on other Red Hot Pawn members. Please comply. Thank you.
OUCH!!! OWNED!!!!

C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

F

Moves
25 Nov 15

It lowers the lowest common denominator of civility on this forum which will eventually lose its appeal for those who have no need to emote and fight in public. Period..
Civility? But you yourself chunter on about stuff like fouled daipers, psychopaths, the stench of other posters' vomit, premeditated liars, mental health problems, people's meaningless lives, and you snidely ask others to imagine their children committing suicide, and stuff like questioning the ability of others to raise their children, and much more besides, week-in-week-out ~ what qualifies you to criticize others if they "emote and fight"?

Good grief. You have some cheek seeking to lecture others on the "lowest common denominator", Grampy Bobby.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Yep. eldragonfly in the "colored balls in a bag" thread. A classic.
Giggity
Thread 29186

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Nov 15

Originally posted by FMF
But now you're talking nonsense in an effort to somehow cover up the nonsense you talked on page 1.

Posers and Puzzles' first page of threads goes back to 7 March 2015. For the Debates Forum you need to go back more than 20 pages of thread titles ~ 600+ threads ~ to find 7 March.

How can you possibly claim that the "same thing" happened at Posers and Puzzles as is "in the process of happening" at the Debates Forum?
"The same thing that's in the process of happening to this forum: a critical nucleus
of frequent posters seem to prefer to emote and fight rather than think." (page 1)

It lowers the lowest common denominator of civility on this forum which will eventually
lose its appeal for those who have no need to emote and fight in public. Period.."

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
25 Nov 15

"Reminder: The only topic of this thread is "Death of a Forum" which excludes
ad hoc attacks on other Red Hot Pawn members. Please comply. Thank you."]
"When I first joined RHP the only forum I went to was Posers and Puzzles.
It was lively way back then.
What happened?"