Deepest darkest secrets

Deepest darkest secrets

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Jan 15

Wouldn't be secrets if you posted them in this thread.

Über-Nerd

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by Trev33

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Jan 15

You're trippin balls huh bro.

F

Moves
13 Jan 15

They'd still be secrets, for all practical intents and purposes, if the person divulging them was a person whose real identity was unknown to those hearing about them.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
13 Jan 15

We are in the midst of a deep philosophical discussion here: what exactly is a secret?

The trivial answer would be:

Something not known by somebody.

But to be really a secret instead of an unknown we need more criteria:

* Intention: somebody wants someone else not to know.

* Purpose: Someone wants the information urgently/wants urgently that the infromation is kept from someone

* Truth: Some secrets contain no information, just the hint, that an information could exist.

The adjectives "deep" and "dark" hint that the information in question is existential (deep) and not positive (dark).

comments?

F

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
comments?
That's for me to know and you to find out.

F

Moves
13 Jan 15

Originally posted by Ponderable
The adjectives "deep" and "dark" hint that the information in question is existential (deep) and not positive (dark).
I agree about "dark" but I think that "deep" can just be an intensifier meaning "very".

So if someone has a deep secret, then you are unlikely to drag it out of them, or perhaps you have no idea that there is a secret; perhaps not only is there a secret but the fact that there is a secret is also secret; that would be "deep".

So, for example, everybody knows that something dark happened when I was in Jakarta but what it was is secret. If nobody knows that the dark thing happened because I have not even volunteered that much information, then maybe we could say it's a deep, dark secret.

Moves
13 Jan 15

For me the deepest and darkest secrets are the kind of secrets people keep to prevent exposing their true personality.

Who they're preventing this exposure from is the real question... how many people have been married with kids for decades and held on a certain secrets in the fear of changing the dimensions of said relationships.