1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 14:30
    How do the days of the week affect your mindset and what you do?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 15:53
    @fmf said
    Are you gathering information for your note book? πŸ™‚

-VR
  3. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 16:01
    @fmf said
    this is too long don't read this

growing up i was scheduled to do things and have things to do
    they revolved around school, 5 days a week, and taking the garbage out to the street, once a week
    in 1972 i "graduated" from high school (more like spooted from a circus cannon) and narrowly avoided vietnam by joining the us navy
    when i say that my schedule changed, it's a sort of low-key way of saying, "exploded"
    lol, i thought momma was strict, but my drill instructor was an ogre
    and then, like a strawberry on top of cheesecake, i got assigned to a ship and lawdy the rules were carved into the bulkheads
    and i learned the hard way to follow them
    then came the joyous day i was spooted from service to the country and began my "gallivanting" years
    sex and drugs and rock n roll
    then i learned (the hard way again) about biology
    so now there were children and schedules seemed quite unneeded as i attended to needs not my own, unless i count the shift work at the various factories and manufacturing plants in which i was gainfully employed
    when the kids and my first wife had had enough of my nonsense, and they hit the road running, i was again left to foolishness of my own design and i tended to be sort of jackson pollock about schedules
    you could tell they were there, but they didn't make a whole lot of sense drawn that way
    i retired from humanity, and became a monk
    the schedule was much less structured, and incredibly simple
    then the dang internet happened and i realised a global schedule existed that i hadn't yet observed
    it was fascinating

at present, today, on a february day by way of gregorian calendar, all these changing, metamorphosing schedules are amalgamated into one constantly changing, never resting, smoosh of days, that are only different from one another because i see the sun going down, and the eyes in my head, see the world spinning round

i do not know what the day holds
    as soon as i attempt to grasp it, it floats away like a phantasm of joy
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 16:08
    @rookie54

Do you get involved in the Prose contest when it goes on? You should if you don't.

-VR
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 16:31
    I'm vulnerable on a Thursday
    when I wash my lucky socks,
    It's the day I sharpen all the knives
    climb wobbly ladders to fix the clocks.
    I poke things in the toaster
    to clear out all the bread,
    it's remarkable I'm still alive
    not in the ground, quite dead.
  6. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 16:55
    My week now revolves around playing tennis, going to the gym and playing otb chess.
    And a small amount of charity work, about 20 hours a month.
    All quite boring but I do still have the occasional drunken night out with ex colleagues when they are free from work and family commitments.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 17:08
    @the-gravedigger said
    My week now revolves around playing tennis, going to the gym and playing otb chess.
    And a small amount of charity work, about 20 hours a month.
    All quite boring but I do still have the occasional drunken night out with ex colleagues when they are free from work and family commitments.
    I would like to suggest less drunken nights and more charity work. πŸ™‚

-VR
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 17:55
    @fmf said
    Hardly at all, as I am retired and no longer expected to show up at work on a specific day or at a specific time. I do tend to forget what day it is and have to check a calendar so as not to venture out for groceries on a Sunday when the shops are closed. πŸ˜†
  9. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 17:56
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Strange but my wife said the same thing πŸ˜€
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 17:56
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Just to clarify, did you mean fewer such nights but just as drunk, or just as many nights but less drunk?
  11. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:14
    @fmf said
    Week days are for dog walking at the beach or on the cycle track as the kids are in school and most parents working. Early Sunday mornings for best for picking up free wood as it’s nice and quiet. Mon-Thurs food shopping is done around 3.15pm when the parents are doing the school run and cooking tea.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:24
    @fmf said
    Interesting question, and for me the days of the week affect me quite a lot. I work Mon-Fri and sometimes at weekends if I’m behind on stuff. Generally I find Sunday evenings a bit of a low and Friday evenings a bit of a high. Not sure I’d have it any other way though.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:41
    @moonbus said
    Just to clarify, did you mean fewer such nights but just as drunk, or just as many nights but less drunk?
    To clarify, I meant cut out the drunken nights or most of them and do more charity work. πŸ™‚

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:44
    @moonbus said
    Hardly at all, as I am retired and no longer expected to show up at work on a specific day or at a specific time. I do tend to forget what day it is and have to check a calendar so as not to venture out for groceries on a Sunday when the shops are closed. πŸ˜†
    I remember a time when everything was closed here on Sundays. Now it is like every other day. We can get groceries any day of the week, with a few holidays being the exception.

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Feb '23 21:47
    @very-rusty said
    I remember a time when everything was closed here on Sundays. Now it is like every other day. We can get groceries any day of the week, with a few holidays being the exception.

-VR
    We even have 24/7 shops, without staff some of the time. What's next? πŸ™‚

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree