Doing a...

Doing a...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Feb 23

@ponderable said
So some facts:

* The software hinders accounts to give more than one thumb.
* each person is assumed to have only one account (TOS)
So, what you mean is, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people, right?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
Do you perhaps mean "possibly" rather than "probably"?
No.

'Probably' implies it was likely to be 18 separate people. 'Possibly' implies less certainty.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
Do you perhaps mean "possibly" rather than "probably"?
No probably, that is stronger, I not not onyl think that it is possible, of course I do, I think it more probable than any other possibility, but i can't rule out, that any possible combination (one person with 18 account, one person with 17 accounts and one person with several accounts, who happens to just use one for a green thumb here, 18 different operson, of whom all have multiple acccounts, but choose to use just one here, to 18 different people using one account each....) is what happened in fact.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
So, what you mean is, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people, right?
Yes.

Doing a Günter Jauch : "Are you sure?", "Are you really sure", "Do you really want to give this answer?" "Do you need some more time to consder?"

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
You feel I have to "prove" something?
No, neither do I.

Doing a Helmut Schmidt: smoking until well into the 90's and claiming Smoking does no harm.

F

Moves
01 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
No.

'Probably' implies it was likely to be 18 separate people. 'Possibly' implies less certainty.
Ponderable has confirmed that what he means is that, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
Ponderable has confirmed that what he means is that, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people.
This is what he meant and what he clearly stated:

No probably, that is stronger, I not not onyl think that it is possible, of course I do, I think it more probable than any other possibility, but i can't rule out, that any possible combination (one person with 18 account, one person with 17 accounts and one person with several accounts, who happens to just use one for a green thumb here, 18 different operson, of whom all have multiple acccounts, but choose to use just one here, to 18 different people using one account each....) is what happened in fact.

F

Moves
01 Feb 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This is what he meant and what he clearly stated:

No probably, that is stronger, I not not onyl think that it is possible, of course I do, I think it more probable than any other possibility, but i can't rule out, that any possible combination (one person with 18 account, one person with 17 accounts and one person with several accounts, who happens to just use one ...[text shortened]... e to use just one here, to 18 different people using one account each....) is what happened in fact.
I think he's in a bit of a muddle. I asked him "So, what you mean is, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people, right?" And he said "Yes". I read some of his subsequent longer post and thought he was just being muddled

F

Moves
01 Feb 23

@ponderable said
No, neither do I.
So what is your Metal Brain reference for?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
I think he's in a bit of a muddle. I asked him "So, what you mean is, technically speaking, it's not impossible that it's 18 different people, right?" And he said "Yes". I read some of his subsequent longer post and thought he was just being muddled
This seems pretty unequivocal:

'No probably, that is stronger, I not only think that it is possible, of course I do, I think it more probable than any other possibility.'

F

Moves
01 Feb 23

@ghost-of-a-duke said
This seems pretty unequivocal:

'No probably, that is stronger, I not only think that it is possible, of course I do, I think it more probable than any other possibility.'
I think he's just being muddled. He's said "unequivocal" things that seem to contradict each other.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
So what is your Metal Brain reference for?
I am trying to add a "Doing a..." normally.

Doing a Helmut Kohl: referring to the code of honour to shield criminals.

F

Moves
01 Feb 23

@ponderable said
I am trying to add a "Doing a..." normally.

Doing a Helmut Kohl: referring to the code of honour to shield criminals.
So, why did you rely "Yes" to this:

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Feb 23

@fmf said
So, why did you rely "Yes" to this:

Not impossible, but unlikely. (Hence the use of 'probably' and the rejection of your 'possibly' )

You appear to be the only one muddled by this.

F

Moves
01 Feb 23
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Not impossible, but unlikely. (Hence the use of 'probably' and the rejection of your 'possibly' )

You appear to be the only one muddled by this.
Not at all. I don't think those thumbs were given by 18 different people. Woodgirl got around a dozen red thumbs for saying she liked my radio show. I think it's highly unlikely they were given by a dozen different people. Likewise with Indonesia Phil. He said something positive about the radio show and I would be surprised if there were a dozen different people who gave those thumbs. The person who posted as Executioner Brand had 4-5 thumbing accounts, for example.