1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:52
    @divegeester said
    From maybe 5 individuals.
    Funny how FMF and yourself cling to that hypothesis.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'm a wee bit surprised that you don't also suspect that the Executioner Brand syndrome is not in play when there are 12, 15, 18, 20 thumbs. You remember us talking about this kind of thing in the divelounge, right?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 17:58
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If it gives you a little buzz then you roll with it.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:02
    @fmf said
    I'm a wee bit surprised that you don't also suspect that the Executioner Brand syndrome is not in play when there are 12, 15, 18, 20 thumbs. You remember us talking about this kind of thing in the divelounge, right?
    Nobody is denying a few odd characters pop up with more that one account. I imagine it is rather laborious though to login as such, especially just to deliver a thumbs down to a given post. Therefore, more often than not, 18 thumbs down were given independently by 18 posters who found your posting a little toxic.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Nobody is denying a few odd characters pop up with more that one account.
    Very Rusty has been noted by some here as having at least 3 “thumbing” accounts.

Also the thumbing patterns in the GF can be easily observed over time, so when something like this happens I’d say it’s obvious that you and your little band of saddo cronies are floating in the pot and doing your thing.

It’s amusing. Would you like me to explain why this is amusing? 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:091 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Therefore, more often than not, 18 thumbs down were given independently by 18 posters who found your posting a little toxic.
    It's now 19 green thumbs. For this: "Doing a FMF: creating as many stupid threads as possible."

No mention of any "toxicity" there at all. It's pretty clearly some people larking about.

Which of my supposedly "toxic" posts ever got 18 thumbs down?

How many thumbs down did whatever post you think was my most toxic one ever get?
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:10
    @divegeester said
    Very Rusty has been noted by some here as having at least 3 “thumbing” accounts.

Also the thumbing patterns in the GF can be easily observed over time, so when something like this happens I’d say it’s obvious that you and your little band of saddo cronies are floating in the pot and doing your thing.

It’s amusing. Would you like me to explain why this is amusing? 😉
    You sound a little paranoid. Nothing like that is occurring. (I thought you had tentacles everywhere? )
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:12
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I imagine it is rather laborious though to login as such, especially just to deliver a thumbs down to a given post.
    That's why these 12, 14, 15, 20 red/green thumbs incidents are relatively rare.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:17
    @ghost-of-a-duke saidI thought you had tentacles everywhere?
    Correct.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:17
    @trev33 said
    Doing a FMF: creating as many stupid threads as possible.
    In fact I now added my thumb. Just for the LULZ.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:18
    @fmf said
    It's now 19 green thumbs. For this: "Doing a FMF: creating as many stupid threads as possible."

No mention of any "toxicity" there at all. It's pretty clearly some people larking about.

Which of my supposedly "toxic" posts ever got 18 thumbs down?

How many thumbs down did whatever post you think was my most toxic one ever get?
    Okay, to bring you up to speed. If a post gets say 5 or 6 green thumbs it appears on the 'recommended posts' page which is viewed by people who perhaps don't normally visit the GF. In other words, it gets seen by a wider audience and is more likely to attract additional thumbs.
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Okay, to bring you up to speed. If a post gets say 5 or 6 green thumbs it appears on the 'recommended posts' page which is viewed by people who perhaps don't normally visit the GF. In other words, it gets seen by a wider audience and is more likely to attract additional thumbs.
    Actually the mentioned post is not in the "recommended" list, but other posts from the thread are...
    maybe some look for that post just to see what all the fuss is about?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:19
    @divegeester said
    Correct.
    Clearly not, as you don't seem to be aware of anything.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:20
    @ponderable said
    Actually the mentioned post is not in the "recommended" list, but other posts from the thread are...
    maybe some look for that post just to see what all the fuss is about?
    Did it perhaps drop off the list, due to the date is was posted?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Feb '23 18:21
    @ponderable said
    In fact I now added my thumb. Just for the LULZ.
    I’m reminded of Trigger laughing after everyone else in Only Fools and Horses 😆

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree