1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '14 21:22
    A University in Finlay Ohio recently hired a lawn service. The lawn service then went to fertilize and kill the weeds with a lawn treatment. However, what they did not know was that it was not fertilizer and weed killer they were spreading around. Instead, it was none other than grass killing round up.

The person in question killed 54 acres of lawn.
  2. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    26 May '14 21:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    A University in Finlay Ohio recently hired a lawn service. The lawn service then went to fertilize and kill the weeds with a lawn treatment. However, what they did not know was that it was not fertilizer and weed killer they were spreading around. Instead, it was none other than grass killing round up.

Looks like a couple of good job opportunities to me. One to become the new lawn service and the other to replant the new sod that I am sure the University can well afford.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '14 21:53

"A University in Finlay Ohio recently hired a lawn $ervice..." whodey does it again. lol
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 May '14 22:131 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "A University in Finlay Ohio recently hired a lawn $ervice..." whodey does it again. lol
    What should be done about the mass genocide of lawn?

Where are the environmentalists? Where is the outrage! 😠

I think I know the problem here. The label was not in Spanish.

Donald Sterling has nothing on Whodey!! 😵
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '14 22:19

Litigation for real estate property damage; maybe on a cruise in the Mediterranean; maybe it's developing as a group action.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    26 May '14 23:45
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Looks like a couple of good job opportunities to me. One to become the new lawn service and the other to replant the new sod that I am sure the University can well afford.
    As soon as they develop GMO grass they can have another lawn. Monsanto to the rescue!!
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 May '14 00:00
  8. rebel city
    Moves
    27 May '14 00:21

Grass genocide is without doubt a serious issue to be taken into serious consideration.

In the meantime, my BIGGEST problem are the snails. I knew they liked beer but had never used it because before I had plenty of firewood ashes that the snails hate.
    Anyway, no beer in the house, I tried Balmers (local cider) with reasonable success. Finished the cider, I gave them red wine. No good, I don't recommend, snails don't like wine, at least, not French.
    Finally this weekend while shopping I remembered the snails, got them their treat and it is just amazing how they love the foaming blonde.

Interesting to think of beer as a weapon of mass destruction, but that is the reality of the war going on in our gardens between the baby buds and French delicatessen. 😉
  9. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    27 May '14 03:21
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    As soon as they develop GMO grass they can have another lawn. Monsanto to the rescue!!
    As long as it's not fed to cattle. It seems like it's going to be a good seller and make a greener weed free lawn with less water and mowing. If it doesn't kill everyone from cyanide poisoning or make weeds even harder to control.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree