General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    06 Oct '16 00:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    No not really. I don't think my ego is in play any more or less than anybody else's. I am just contributing to a message board. If you want to characterize yourself as - or admit to - being motivated to be critical about individuals because it feeds your ego, then that's fine by me. It doesn't much matter. As long as people are being themselves and there are a f ...[text shortened]... in some interesting debates while I am sitting at my computer working for long hours every day.
    Well, ok. I think I'm ready for a fresh start. Why don't we assume the best of each other and turn the page.
  2. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    06 Oct '16 00:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, ok. I think I'm ready for a fresh start. Why don't we assume the best of each other and turn the page.
    Because I see you as a spineless hypocritical blusterer ~ based on the way you post here ~ and an ugly sanctimonious Christian to boot ~ and any 'fresh start' we might have would only come if all that noxious stuff receded. You will notice over the years, when you're not behaving like a tool, I don't treat you like a tool, That's the page I'm on. No need to turn it. 😛
  3. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89239
    06 Oct '16 06:201 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    Yes I know, mr. almanac. 🙄
    And yet you still got the date wrong in your pretensious little post 😉
  4. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89239
    06 Oct '16 06:21
    Originally posted by josephw
    Into Pharisee worship aren't you.
    There is no such thing as "Pharisee worship"
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    06 Oct '16 11:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    Because I see you as a spineless hypocritical blusterer ~ based on the way you post here ~ and an ugly sanctimonious Christian to boot ~ and any 'fresh start' we might have would only come if all that noxious stuff receded. You will notice over the years, when you're not behaving like a tool, I don't treat you like a tool, That's the page I'm on. No need to turn it. 😛
    Well, at least I'm not a liar.
  6. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    06 Oct '16 11:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is no such thing as "Pharisee worship"
    In your case there is.
  7. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29885
    06 Oct '16 11:24
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, at least I'm not a liar.
    How am I a liar?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35898
    06 Oct '16 12:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    Well, ok. I think I'm ready for a fresh start. Why don't we assume the best of each other and turn the page.
    No way, man.

    It never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever ends.

    You disagreed with them so now you're on the carousel forever. Enjoy.
  9. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89239
    06 Oct '16 12:57
    Originally posted by josephw
    In your case there is.
    but it's a meaningless term. If you are trying to use Biblical insults why not use "devil worship"? "Pharisee worship" is no more insulting than say Methodist worship. It simply has no meaning.
  10. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89239
    06 Oct '16 12:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No way, man.

    It never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, [b]ever
    ends.

    You disagreed with them so now you're on the carousel forever. Enjoy.[/b]
    This is like a piece of the script of one of the old Start Trek episodes.

    "from hell's heart I spit at thee..."

    etc
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Oct '16 00:46
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No way, man.

    It never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, [b]ever
    ends.

    You disagreed with them so now you're on the carousel forever. Enjoy.[/b]
    It'll end. I'll outlive them. 😉
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Oct '16 01:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    but it's a meaningless term. If you are trying to use Biblical insults why not use "devil worship"? "Pharisee worship" is no more insulting than say Methodist worship. It simply has no meaning.
    It would have meaning to you if you could understand the context from which it came, but you seem to be fixated on just one post at a time.

    Maybe you can understand the term "idol worship". Does that have any meaning to you?
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    07 Oct '16 01:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    It'll end. I'll outlive them. 😉
    They're younger than you.
  14. Stargazing
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    89239
    07 Oct '16 04:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    It would have meaning to you if you could understand the context from which it came, but you seem to be fixated on just one post at a time.

    Maybe you can understand the term "idol worship". Does that have any meaning to you?
    Well why don't you explain the "context from which it came"?

    Pharisee worship: a new concept in online Biblical insults by Josephw
Back to Top