Dos & don’ts on joining the General Forum community

Dos & don’ts on joining the General Forum community

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 21

@divegeester said
What’s wrong with pointing out irony?
Except you know, when it's not ironic at all, and just another attempt at putting someone you don't like down.

F

Moves
19 Feb 21

@suzianne said
Except you know, when it's not ironic at all, and just another attempt at putting someone you don't like down.
Every time I post "Oh, the irony" in reply to you it is pointing out your hypocrisy.

More than any other poster here, or that's ever been here in my time, you seem to be the least able to reflect upon your own forum persona's behaviour and see it for what it is.

The content of your rants and denunciations almost invariably appears to be you projecting your own behaviour and motivations onto others, often in such an obvious and paranoid way, it gives your game away.

You so often seem to be exactly the kind of poster you rail against.

That is what "Oh, the irony" means.

SRB

Moves
19 Feb 21

57b. Never say 'oh the irony' if you mean 'oh the hypocrisy'.

F

Moves
19 Feb 21

58. Revel in the rich treasure chest of vocabulary and turns of phrase that the English language provides us with.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
This is poor forum advice; something which is hypocrisy may or may not be also be irony.

For example if I have on one occasion chopped off the fingers of Yakusa member, and I subsequently attack another poster for chopping off fingers of a Yakusa member, then of course that is hypocrisy.

But if I am repeatedly chopping off the fingers of Yakusa members and I am also repeatedly attacking another poster for doing the same thing, then the hypocrisy could be said to be ironic. The irony being a more insightful observation than the blatant hypocrisy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 21

@suzianne said
“Putting someone down” can be done by pointing out the irony in their posting.

For example it is for me an almost constant source of amusing irony to watch you haranguing posters in debates and in particular Very Rusty on a daily basis ... and then within the same metaphorical breath, you attack someone else for doing the very same thing.

Ironic indeed.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

@divegeester said
“Putting someone down” can be done by pointing out the irony in their posting.

For example it is for me an almost constant source of amusing irony to watch you haranguing posters in debates and in particular Very Rusty on a daily basis ... and then within the same metaphorical breath, you attack someone else for doing the very same thing.

Ironic indeed.
I don't believe she'll ever see it, perhaps goad could point it out to her? She may listen to him. 😉

Wait.........That isn't a good idea either he does the same thing at times, just not as much!

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
19 Feb 21

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

LOL@ goad like you did?....What joke you can be!

You give advice you say you are going to do, but never do it!

-VR

Moves
19 Feb 21

@divegeester said
This is poor forum advice; something which is hypocrisy may or may not be also be irony.

For example if I have on one occasion chopped off the fingers of Yakusa member, and I subsequently attack another poster for chopping off fingers of a Yakusa member, then of course that is hypocrisy.

But if I am repeatedly chopping off the fingers of Yakusa members and I am a ...[text shortened]... ould be said to be ironic. The irony being a more insightful observation than the blatant hypocrisy.
Do you really think that the difference between hypocrisy and irony is the number of times you repeat something?

Moves
19 Feb 21

@relentless-red said
60. If adding an addition to a rule, get the number right. It should be 58b!

F

Moves
19 Feb 21

@blood-on-the-tracks said
Do you really think that the difference between hypocrisy and irony is the number of times you repeat something?
Whoosh

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
19 Feb 21
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What a shame you have taken your own advice, and in doing so spared us of your daily inane goading of him.

Moves
19 Feb 21

61) Group hugs.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
19 Feb 21

@great-big-stees said
61) Group hugs.
Is that a do or don't ?