Moves
    11 Aug '13 09:44

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 09:571 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    its always good when you find a solution, i fixed our washing machine, looked up a youtube video, bought the carbon brushes for our Bosch model, whipped out the motor in five minutes, replaced the carbon brushes, reinstalled the motor, total cost £7, savings £300-£400 for new washing machine, result, washing machine works like a dream, wife is happy and i skipped away gleeful.
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 11:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its always good when you find a solution, i fixed our washing machine, looked up a youtube video, bought the carbon brushes for our Bosch model, whipped out the motor in five minutes, replaced the carbon brushes, reinstalled the motor, total cost £7, savings £300-£400 for new washing machine, result, washing machine works like a dream, wife is happy and i skipped away gleeful.
    Meanwhile some poor Mr. Washingmachine mechanic has had to tell his wife and 4 kids "We won't be going to Greece for 3 weeks this year because of some 'frugal' Scottish DYI guy."
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 23:49
    Machines are repairable and replaceable. How's your husband?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 01:17
    Au laptops. Left mine of an easyjet flight from Belfast to London earlier this year, had another flight a few hours later so thought no big deal, they can go back on the plane and get to to be in 5 minutes. Nope!

It was found on the plane but they had to wait for some official lost baggage people to collect it and then take it the the terminal. Which again sounds like it shouldn't take that long but it did. 'Come back in an hour and see' 'come back in 30 minutes and see'. Around 3 hours after my flight arrives i get my laptop back, put in on my trolly and start walking to the train to the other terminal to catch my next flight. Flight wasn't until 4pm and it's not around 12pm so hace plenty of time... less than 5 minutes after getting the laptop back i'm walking with relive thinking what as idiot i am for leaving it on the plane in the first place and then CRASH it falls off the trolly, its the floor and wouldn't turn on again.

Double idiot... I've had the thing for at least 3 years, taken it on a number of journeys and twice in one day mess it up.

Turns out i was lucky and just broke the on button and it was repaired for about £10 when i arrived in Peru. Guess it would've cost around £40 in the UK.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 01:45
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Meanwhile some poor Mr. Washingmachine mechanic has had to tell his wife and 4 kids "We won't be going to Greece for 3 weeks this year because of some 'frugal' Scottish DYI guy."
    frugal or resourceful? that is the question dear friends, washing machine mechanics come to your house and charge you 40 quid just to look at it and tell you its broken.
  7. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 02:071 edit
    frugal or resourceful? that is the question dear friends, washing machine mechanics come to your house and charge you 40 quid just to look at it and tell you its broken.
    And accountants tell you that, "I'm sorry but your claim for your fish food is not an acceptable deduction, but hey give it a go and let's see if it works. That'll be 120 'quid'."
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 11:59
    And accountants tell you that, "I'm sorry but your claim for your fish food is not an acceptable deduction, but hey give it a go and let's see if it works. That'll be 120 'quid'."
    such an accountant is not an accountant at all, but a cook, a cooker of books and he or she should be able to justify his fee on the basis that he will save you 500 'quid', if you spend 120!
  9. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 20:39
    How did you know it was the brushes?.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 20:41
    Originally posted by Velns
    How did you know it was the brushes?.
    She's an artist.
  11. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 20:43
    She's an artist.
    I think robbie carrobie is a he actually.
  12. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 20:58
    Originally posted by Velns
    I think robbie carrobie is a he actually.
    I think you're right. I misspelled. 😳
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 21:26
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    That's the same model I have.

A Toshiba C660.
  14. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 21:54

15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 21:57

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree