1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 09:02
    Originally posted by Velns
    How did you know it was the brushes?.
    elementary my dear watson, the machine was spinning, but intermittently, therefore it could not have been the electronic console, for a breakdown would have resulted in a complete malfunction, all other processes would have resulted in a complete malfunction, for example, if the belts had snapped, nothing would turn, so understanding that probably some intermittent contact was being made between the brushes and the commutator of the motor, it could only have been the carbon brushes, because all other parts were sound.
  2. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 17:53
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    elementary my dear watson, the machine was spinning, but intermittently, therefore it could not have been the electronic console, for a breakdown would have resulted in a complete malfunction, all other processes would have resulted in a complete malfunction, for example, if the belts had snapped, nothing would turn, so understanding that probably so ...[text shortened]... or of the motor, it could only have been the carbon brushes, because all other parts were sound.
    Outstanding Holmes!

Are you an engineer by trade?
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 17:59
    Outstanding Holmes!

I think he can, I think he can.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 23:051 edit
    Outstanding Holmes!

nah, nothing quite so glamorous im afraid! although i did enjoy engineering science at school, way more than physics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree