1. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 02:221 edit
    On cable tv I saw French film Edy directed by Stéphan Guérin-Tillié. It says on internet that film was box office bomb and that only 12.000 people saw it in French theaters.
    It means none in American cinemas.
    And it was last film Gurein-Tille directed, it sealed his directorial career.
    Plot is crazy, almost like in Patricia Highsmirth "My American Friend"--->>>
    Edy is a successful insurance agent but, as he approaches retirement, his work no longer interests him. He is bored with everything and decides to end it all. He abducts one of his clients, drives him to a sand pit, hands him a gun and tells him to shoot. Things do not go quite as Edy planned and he finds he has a dead body to dispose of. In desperation, he turns to his friend and mentor Louis, who insists that Edy must now kill the wife of the dead man...
    Philippe Noiret plays one of the roles.
    Although it is considered a weird flop, I find it irresistible.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 03:34
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    On cable tv I saw French film [b]Edy directed by Stéphan Guérin-Tillié. It says on internet that film was box office bomb and that only 12.000 people saw it in French theaters.
    Plot is crazy, almost like in Patricia Highsmirth "My Amer ...[text shortened]... Noiret plays one of the roles.
    Although it is considered a weird flop, I find it irresistible.[/b]
    If you were, by any chance, including me in your count, then it is in fact 11,999 people who have seen it.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 03:42
    On cable tv I saw French film [b]Edy directed by Stéphan Guérin-Tillié. It says on internet that film was box office bomb and that only 12.000 people saw it in French theaters.
    Plot is crazy, almost like in Patricia Highsmirth "My Amer ...[text shortened]... Noiret plays one of the roles.
    Although it is considered a weird flop, I find it irresistible.[/b]
    Count me out also. I fell asleep.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 04:56
    So, it's 11,998 people. This thread could have done with some basic fact checking before its misleading OP was posted.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 05:00
    On cable tv I saw French film [b]Edy directed by Stéphan Guérin-Tillié.[/b]
    The soundtrack is by the brilliant trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer:

YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube
    YouTube
  6. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 07:07
    It is a flop already. Can only find a Spanish version of the film on ThePirateBay.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '16 08:14
    I am going to download it and then leave it playing out on my terrace, with people walking past and looking in through the fence, while I go upstairs. We shall see how vandervelde processes that into his data.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree