End of Year Tributes

End of Year Tributes

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Kewpie
Don't bother with that thread, it's only one of those long string things. This one's the real Mike (from 2010). Thread 130243
Originally posted by Kewpie
Don't bother with that thread, it's only one of those long string things. This one's the real Mike (from 2010). Thread 130243

"This thread is now closed."

Pray tell, how on God's green earth do we celebrate the life and times of a man many of us knew and loved with a "closed" thread?

Read a book!

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Pray tell, how on God's green earth do we celebrate the life and times of a man many of us knew and loved with a "closed" thread?
Quietly and respectfully.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by Seitse
Fine. If you want to leave this site also as a stalker, it is your choice.
Your image cannot be more tainted but you're trying hard. I've made clear
that I have no interest engaging you and, yet, you keep doing it. Do note that
you are addressing someone who has no interest in liaising with you. That
has a name.
No need for a paragraph of explanation when silence is a viable option.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
01 Jan 16

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Quietly and respectfully.
"Create a revised 'Title' that would not have made it." (OP)

Original post by Subscriber mikelom "on 17 Mar '15 06:59"

Ignoring Mike's final thread on the internet is certainly an option.which you have obviously chosen. Let's leave it there.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Jan 16

When you can't say something nice about a person, at least you can usually say he or she is "sincere" or means well as in sincerely right or sincerely wrong.
Sincerity does not provide an accurate measurement of objectivity or honesty, authenticity or clarity of thought because emotions have been designed to appreciate and have no capacity for rational thought. "Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” ―Criss Jami
If Criss Jami wants to post on here he should get his own account! 😠

rc

Moves
01 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by mghrn55
He (Carrobie) can't help himself.
A mention at last in the New years honour list, take a look at the charts Mghoobs, Easy Riders above you already, time for us to start handing out the cigars already.

The Easy riders Clan 25428 lessons in chess and etiquette.

Moves
01 Jan 16

There are [b]two and only two reasons why men and women who are RHP Members devote their discretionary leisure time to being here.
And each reasons may be expressed in one word. What are these two reasons? Need a hint?

Note: Do you know the alphabetic location of the word "sincere" and "sincerity" in the dictionary?[/b]
Whatever; deflect away.

Your insincerity is noted.

Moves
01 Jan 16
3 edits

Such a loss. Let's perpetuate the fragrance of his (mikelom's) memory: Thread 163432 (Pages 1-37)
How sickeningly and conveniently short your memory is. Mine is a little sharper.

Here is where you dunked the memory of Mike and the sentiment of his death in your passive-agressive arsenal: Thread 163924. From page 4, 14th post.

The forum response was so strong that you were forced to delete your post, which you reluctantly did, but only after much pleading. I wish now I'd not edited my replies to you so that posterity would show exactly the depths you are prepared to stoop to in order stick the knife in.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 16

Happy new year all

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Jan 16
1 edit

Moves
03 Jan 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Ha, nice post. Although I get upset seeing animals in captivity.

I wonder how this would translate to the General Forum: unlikely friendships.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
03 Jan 16
2 edits

Moves
03 Jan 16

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I prefer to be direct, to say what I mean honestly, about what or whom I'm aiming at. I find that the long game is much more satisfying this way. πŸ˜‰

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I prefer to be direct, to say what I mean honestly, about what or whom I'm aiming at. I find that the long game is much more satisfying this way. πŸ˜‰
Why would you possibly be "aiming at" anyone?

These public forums are provided as a venue for people to socialize while online correspondence chess games are the venue for competition.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jan 16

Originally posted by Silverstriker
Happy new year all
Thanks and the same wish to you and your family as well.