1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 00:542 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why would you possibly be "aiming at" anyone?
    In the RHP user characteristic scenario as described by drewnogal and to which I was responding...of course.

I prefer not accept her invitation to guess as to whom she is referring, I would rather be more forthright and if I have something to say to someone, then aim or direct it to them in a manner which is at least endowed with a little courage and respect for the recipient.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 01:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In the RHP user characteristic scenario as described by drewnogal and to which I was responding...of course.

I prefer not accept her invitation to guess as to whom she is referring, I would rather be more forthright and if I have something to say to someone, then aim or direct it to them in a manner which is at least endowed with a little courage and respect for the recipient.
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    "I agree upon the wrongs of keeping animals in captivity. It also seems gratuitously sadistic that the owners
    of this tiger choose to feed it live animals, as if allowing it to kill it's own food provides some sort of compensation
    for it being kept away from it's natural habitat and other tigers?

Unlikely friendships in the GF? Could be someone who is a fearless fat cat with lots of clout
    and a small, capricious, naive prankster? Who could possibly fit that description?" 🙂

I prefer to be direct, to say what I mean honestly, about what or whom I'm aiming at. I find that the long game is much more satisfying this way. 😉

"Why would you possibly be "aiming at" anyone?

These public forums are provided as a venue for people to socialize while online correspondence chess games are the venue for competition."

"In the RHP user characteristic scenario as described by drewnogal and to which I was responding...of course.

I prefer not accept her invitation to guess as to whom she is referring, I would rather be more forthright and if I have something to say to someone, then aim or direct it to them in a manner which is at least endowed with a little courage and respect for the recipient."
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 01:331 edit
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    "I agree upon the wrongs of keeping animals in captivity. It also seems gratuitously sadistic that the owners
    of this tiger choose to feed it live animals, as if allowing it to kill it's own food provides some sort of compensation
    for it being kept away from it's natural habitat and other tigers?

[b]Unlikely ...[text shortened]... them in a manner which is at least endowed with a little courage and respect for the recipient."
    In the time it took you to copy/paste and edit all that you could have thought of a better reply.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 01:541 edit
    In the time it took you to copy/paste and edit all that you could have thought of a better reply.
    You've already inadvertently posted an indepth "reply" to yourself.

If you're unsure of its meaning, please ask one of your peers or mentors here for clarification.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '16 07:17
    You've already inadvertently posted an indepth "reply" to yourself.

If you're unsure of its meaning, please ask one of your peers or mentors here for clarification.
    I would rather be more forthright and if I have something to say to someone, then aim or direct it to them in a manner which is at least endowed with a little courage and respect for the recipient.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 04:37
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Also my good friend ChessPraxis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree