3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 19:41
    @very-rusty said
    Are you saying your name can never be mentioned? 😉

-VR
    No, he didn't say that at all. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 19:421 edit
    @suzianne said
    No, he didn't say that at all.
    Must you answer every single post I make! 😛 🙂

Have A wonderful Day sweetie.

-VR
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 22:02
    @suzianne said
    No, he didn't say that at all. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
    Why do you keep “attacking” (sic) Very Rusty?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 23:50
    @divegeester said
    Why do you keep “attacking” (sic) Very Rusty?
    Are you speaking "on behalf" of Rusty now?

My, how gallant.

And tone deaf.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 00:111 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Must you answer every single post I make! 😛 🙂

Have A wonderful Day sweetie.

-VR
    What's the matter, Rusty? Does it bother you?

As much as you barging into and ruining a random thread with your Captain Obvious blather bothers everyone else?

When you get consistent thumbs down, maybe you should reevaluate your own perceived "value" to the larger community.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 00:30
    @suzianne said

As much as you barging into and ruining a random thread with your Captain Obvious blather bothers everyone else?

When you get consistent thumbs down, maybe you should reevaluate your own perceived "value" to the larger community.
    If Rusty really were Canadian, he would say "Sorry" every time he posted. 😉

But I also stand with Rusty even though he's another non-clique independent, because even though some might perceive him to be a pest, he is so consistently good-natured with his frivolity. I know he is capable of anger when crossed, but he shows it very rarely, and from my POV he just never comes across as mean-spirited.

I don't know whether that's just his natural temperament, or the real-life culture he lives in (Canada is the USA's Tibet, doncha know), or whether there might have been some self-cultivation or other process of refinement involved along the way, but I like his positive, playful, but mild vibe.

Sorry @VR to discuss you in the third-person when you are standing right there 😉 but my ramble was just meant to express my observations and appreciation.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 00:373 edits
    @Trev33 -- I owe you a special apology for derailing your thread, and for that PM I sent. Very sorry about that.

@Hells Caretaker -- I owe you a special apology for misreading your joke and using that as a pretext for going off the rails. "Separated by a common language, eh?"

Someday soon I will get one of your Nor'westerner jokes AND THEN WHAT WILL YOU DO???!!! 😉

💚 (couldn't find the spliff emoji)
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 00:531 edit
    🚬

Edit: It doesn’t matter, if not you someone else would derail the thread, the circle of RHP threads, created, derailment and then death.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 01:081 edit
    Oops! Wrong thread.
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 01:281 edit
    @suzianne said

I think Rusty's posts only bother those who are predisposed to be bothered by them.

Sometimes resistance is necessary. Other times, resistance just produces unnecessary friction. However, sometimes the most interesting things happen at the turbulent boundary. Hmm, might have to leave that unresolved.

I also think VR is a free spirit, perhaps with a contrary, rebellious streak. The more the Controllers among us try to control him, the more he posts frivolities to tweak their noses.

To be fair to the Controllers, I think a controlling tendency is a general human trait, whether applied to one's environment or to other people.

Not to speak for Rusty, of course, because he would probably say the opposite of what I just wrote. 😉
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 05:331 edit
    I should really read through a thread before replying to some posts...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 05:34
    @suzianne said
    Are you speaking "on behalf" of Rusty now?
    Yes I am speaking on behalf of very Rusty.

Why do you keep “attacking” him?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 05:372 edits
    @suzianne said

Rather than “attack” (please note I’m using petewxyz’s understanding of the word) Very Rusty, why don’t you alert his posts and complain to the site administration?

You seem to think that it’s ok for YOU to “attack” another poster but you complain when someone else questions you in a similar way. Maybe it’s because you see Very Rusty as a legitimate target being the general forum pest that he is, and I don’t object to your classification if that is the case.

What interests me is how your mind seems to rationalise and legitimise your own behaviour while simultaneously vilifying posters like myself who are not in you clique.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree