General Forum

General Forum

  1. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    07 Mar '16 00:22
    On an ideal non-workday with no appointments or commitments away from home, approximately how many minutes would you like to devote to the following activities (which can of course overlap, as multi-tasking is permitted/assumed):

    [1] gardening
    [2] listening to spoken word radio
    [3] cooking (perhaps from interesting recipe books)
    [4] jogging or walking or cycling
    [5] reading
    [6] listening to music

    Add other activities as you see fit.
  2. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    07 Mar '16 04:252 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    On an [b]ideal non-workday with no appointments or commitments away from home, approximately how many minutes would you like to devote to the following activities (which can of course overlap, as multi-tasking is permitted/assumed):

    [1] gardening
    [2] listening to spoken word radio
    [3] cooking (perhaps from interesting recipe books)
    [4] jogging or walking or cycling
    [5] reading
    [6] listening to music

    Add other activities as you see fit.[/b]
    [7] Sitting quietly contemplating the moment.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    07 Mar '16 04:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    [7] Sitting quietly contemplating the moment.
    How many minutes in the ideal non-work day? And how many minutes for some other so there can be some feel of how much time this takes up, ideally, relative to mother activities?
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    526072
    09 Mar '16 14:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    On an [b]ideal non-workday with no appointments or commitments away from home, approximately how many minutes would you like to devote to the following activities (which can of course overlap, as multi-tasking is permitted/assumed):

    [1] gardening
    [2] listening to spoken word radio
    [3] cooking (perhaps from interesting recipe books)
    [4] jogging or walking or cycling
    [5] reading
    [6] listening to music

    Add other activities as you see fit.[/b]
    Clear answer:

    It depends.

    And sespecially on such a day I won't measure out the minutes 🙂
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    09 Mar '16 21:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many minutes in the ideal non-work day? And how many minutes for some other so there can be some feel of how much time this takes up, ideally, relative to mother activities?
    No no no. That's what I do all the time. It only takes a moment though. You'd be amazed at how many moments there are in a day.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52774
    09 Mar '16 22:14
    Originally posted by josephw
    [7] Sitting quietly contemplating the moment.
    I seem to be in a creative bent on guitar and mandolin lately so have been devoting a lot of free time to writing tunes and recording them on my marvelous little Tascam WR44DL 4 track pocket recorder. What a great device. I wish I had one when I had my band Southwind. I also read a lot, science fiction and science stuff. I also like to look at the stars with my 20X80 superbinocular, it also has sun filters so I can look for sunspots. Also chess, twixt, and go when I can find people to play those last two.
    I also contemplate my long term project on gravitational lenses as it pertains to our sun.
    I vacillate between thinking I am on to something and it must be bullshyte🙂

    Other than that, not much.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    10 Mar '16 00:05
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I seem to be in a creative bent on guitar and mandolin lately so have been devoting a lot of free time to writing tunes and recording them on my marvelous little Tascam WR44DL 4 track pocket recorder. What a great device. I wish I had one when I had my band Southwind. I also read a lot, science fiction and science stuff. I also like to look at the stars wit ...[text shortened]... between thinking I am on to something and it must be bullshyte🙂

    Other than that, not much.
    Unfortunately all I can do is sit quietly contemplating the moment listening to someone else playing the guitar. It would be great to be able to sit quietly contemplating the moment while playing the guitar. My mom thought it would be a good idea for me to learn to play the trumpet. I think she had a thing for Herb Alpert. No I don't play it.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35770
    10 Mar '16 08:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Unfortunately all I can do is sit quietly contemplating the moment listening to someone else playing the guitar. It would be great to be able to sit quietly contemplating the moment while playing the guitar. My mom thought it would be a good idea for me to learn to play the trumpet. I think she had a thing for Herb Alpert. No I don't play it.
    Maybe you should learn to play the guitar, or the trumpet, or the saxophone, or the xylophone, or hell, even a tambourine. It's never too late to be introduced to music in a way that transcends mere listening.
Back to Top