1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 21:073 edits
    @hakima said
    What’s the use of prayers any more than the use of the sentencing of one rich man that you so casually dismiss.

With all due respect, I’ve had my fill of prayers and thoughts of family, friends, and strangers. For the most part, they were intended to shut me up.

Of course not all of the perpetrators will be brought to justice, and in all likelihood Weinstein will not se ...[text shortened]... n in my life who have stood by me, sword in hand and say, “I believe you. No more. Not on my watch.”
    I extend an olive branch and you are all over me as if it was my fault. Not my fault you don't believe in prayer!

Not my fault earlier victims of the crime didn't come forward. Look at how many women they may have saved! Not casually dismissing it at all, but they should have come forward long before they did.

I believe his team of lawyers are already looking at an appeal.

As I've said lets see how much time he does when it is all over! I don't see it as a victory for anyone including the victims who were not his victims, and they will still have the nightmares, if that is the case with them.

Obviously you and rookie have already talked about it. I am doubtful he would have said anything if that wasn't the case?

-VR
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 21:18
    @very-rusty said
    Not my fault earlier victims of the crime didn't come forward. Look at how many women they may have saved! Not casually dismissing it at all, but they should have come forward long before they did.

As I've said lets see how much time he does when it is all over! I don't see it as a victory for anyone i ...[text shortened]... e already talked about it. I am doubtful he would have said anything if that wasn't the case?

-VR
    There were/are reasons why so many women didn't come forward earlier, or at all. I hesitate to generalize but maybe men find it harder to understand those reasons.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 21:22
    @torunn said
    There were/are reasons why so many women didn't come forward earlier, or at all. I hesitate to generalize but maybe men find it harder to understand those reasons.
    I know they have to go all over what happened a second time it is like being victimized twice I understand that part, but better than it happening to other women. Many women didn't come forward for years.

-VR
  4. Joined
    16 Oct '19
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 21:26
    @very-rusty said

As I've said lets see how much time he does when it is all over! I don't see it as a victory for anyone i ...[text shortened]... e already talked about it. I am doubtful he would have said anything if that wasn't the case?

-VR
    "Not my fault earlier victims of the crime didn't come forward. Look at how many women they may have saved! "

It took to Page 4, but finally here we are.

Not my fault.
    Come forward.
    They may have saved.

It's an amazing time we live in.
  5. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 21:59
    @hope said
    "Not my fault earlier victims of the crime didn't come forward. Look at how many women they may have saved! "

It took to Page 4, but finally here we are.

Not my fault.
    Come forward.
    They may have saved.

It's an amazing time we live in.
    Times are changing and for the better. Weinstein is paying for his crimes and hopefully so too will all who abuse other's.

It's taken a long time for people to come forward due to stigma and the nature of ordeals people have been through but their suffering can, and I believe will, help others.

Many do not and cannot understand the suffering of those victims but they are not part of the solution, they, sadly, remain part of the problem.
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 22:24
    It amazes me that people think of that guy, Weinstein, an item.

He's got trials awaiting him on the West coast, too. He'll never get out. Don't fret over him.
  7. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    11 Mar '20 23:05
    @very-rusty said
    I extend an olive branch and you are all over me as if it was my fault. Not my fault you don't believe in prayer!

I believe his team of lawyers are already looking at an ...[text shortened]... e already talked about it. I am doubtful he would have said anything if that wasn't the case?

-VR
    Nope, not all over you. Just pointing out why W’s conviction mattered and that thoughts and prayers don’t work.

Victims don’t come forward because theiy aren’t believed, they think their perpetrator is only one among many (as you so aptly described), or won’t get convicted because they have money or power and so what’s the point, or they are shut up with thoughts and prayers.

You have NO idea what it’s like to be a victim or the nightmares they have or how W’s conviction will affect them...your best option is to believe them. This isn’t about YOU.

rookie and I haven’t talked for over three years since the divorce.

It’s obvious that you don’t know sh*
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 01:00
    @hakima
    i love the way you teach unruly children to behave
    knowing the lesson will rarely work, if ever

wait...
    i just described me, didn't i?
  9. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 03:16
    (((rookie)))

You are delightfully incorrigible!
  10. Joined
    16 Oct '19
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 04:11
    Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.

― Virginia Woolf
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 09:46
    @very-rusty said

I believe his team of lawyers are already looking at an ...[text shortened]... e already talked about it. I am doubtful he would have said anything if that wasn't the case?

-VR
    Rusty, just shut the F up about this.

You never seem to have any empathy and what you know about women might fill a thimble.

Quit while you're not so far behind.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 09:57
    @hakima said
    Nope, not all over you. Just pointing out why W’s conviction mattered and that thoughts and prayers don’t work.

Victims don’t come forward because theiy aren’t believed, they think their perpetrator is only one among many (as you so aptly described), or won’t get convicted because they have money or power and so what’s the point, or they are shut up with thoughts and prayer ...[text shortened]... and I haven’t talked for over three years since the divorce.

It’s obvious that you don’t know sh*
    Well-said.

I had PTSD well into my 30s over what I experienced, which all happened before I turned 20.

I don't even need to go into it here. There are those on this site who would claim I'm "grandstanding" or "looking for sympathy". Screw them.

"You have NO idea what it’s like to be a victim or the nightmares they have or how W’s conviction will affect them...your best option is to believe them. This isn’t about YOU."

I fully agree.

I cried when I heard of his conviction. I thought he'd get off scot-free like so many before him. Suddenly, for one day, things were made right.
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 11:461 edit
    @Suzianne

Tell his victims all is ok, especially when the lawyers appeal and they may end up having to go through everything. It not I don't have any feelings for these people and who are you or anyone else to know I know nothing about what it is to be a victim....You don't know my history....I am sure it much different for woman, but men go through things also that you will NEVER hear about.

So you shut up when you don't know all the facts about the person you are talking to and what that person may have been through in their life they don't share with everyone. I still say Money & Power will win the majority of the time and stick to that statement like glue to paper. I've lived through it, and seen more than I wish to even talk about!

-VR
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 11:522 edits
    @hakima said

You have NO idea what it’s like to be a victim or the nightmares they have or how W’s conviction will affect them...your best option is to believe them. This isn’t about YOU.
    You don't have any IDEA what I know about being a victim. Do you think only women get abused?.... Like Suzie Q, you know NOTHING about my past history. Understand boys get abused also turn into men and rarely discuss anything that has happened to them, so don't tell me I have no idea what it is like when you don't even know me!

You are right about one thing, don't know what it would be like for woman, but many boys go through the very same things, it is just not talked about. You have to know about a person before you make statements you have no idea are true or false.

Prayers will not work for you if you don't believe in them that is for sure!!!

-VR
  15. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    12 Mar '20 12:19
    Poor Rusty...you seem upset.

I will pray for you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree