Everybody on the planet...

Everybody on the planet...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jan 13
1 edit

Everybody on the planet seeks affection and love

Seems that being accepted and liked must rank high on the list of universal human needs. On the surface, it's generally most all benifit with little if any downside. Enter Love. Everything's changed. To love or be loved involves closeness; degrees of intimacy and rapport; the disclosure of personal history and opening of locked baggage from long ago. Enter Risk. Risk of embarrasment and loss weigh heavily on the lover's mind.

Yet, there's no alternate route to maximum fulfillment in marriage. Believe that's why things, usually, become increasingly difficult in serious courtship before they get gradually better. All earnest/honest husbands and wives must eventually know the best and worst about each other for the marriage to become an engaging encounter and a relaxed, safe haven for themselves and their children. Unfortunately, many couples live a lie.

Discuss.

Moves
30 Jan 13

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]Everybody on the planet seeks affection and love

Seems that being accepted and liked must rank high on the list of universal human needs. On the surface, it's generally most all benifit with little if any downside. Enter Love. Everything's changed. To love or be loved involves closeness; degrees of intimacy and rapport; the disclosure of pers ...[text shortened]... aven for themselves and their children. Unfortunately, many couples live a lie.

Discuss.[/b]
"Everybody on the planet seeks affection and love"
That's a broad brushstroke isn't it? I know of a few who are quite content to be without the burden (their words not mine) of "love/affection". Now I will concede that they are in a small minority but nontheless are here on planet earth.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Jan 13

Originally posted by Great Big Stees

"Everybody on the planet seeks affection and love"
That's a broad brushstroke isn't it? I know of a few who are quite content to be without the burden (their words not mine) of "love/affection". Now I will concede that they are in a small minority but nontheless are here on planet earth.
Maybe, Stees. Then, again, we're all members of the human family.
Suppose there may be one or two in any family that dislike their family and, maybe, life if general.
Even hermits like Throreau loved life intensely. Many Serial Killers do so for media attention.
'We report. You decide.' ~oo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation