1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:08
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    lemon lime, this inventory of non-verbals may provide the inspiration for you to perfect your 'cry baby emoticon symbol'.
    Does this mean the new server refuses to let blubbering cry babies express themselves with a square headed emoticon? Reveal Hidden Content
    I like this new server...

🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:31
    (o Y o)
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:33
    &/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<(((((><
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:55
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Does this mean the new server refuses to let blubbering cry babies express themselves with a square headed emoticon? [hidden]I like this new server...[/hidden]

🙂😀😉😛😕😠😳🙁:'(😞😏😵😲🙄😴
    Imagine it depends on what the blubbering's about.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 00:56
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    &/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<(((((><
    Big Fish? What's the "&/"?
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 01:10
    Big Fish? What's the "&/"?
    http://occupations.phillipmartin.info/fisherman.gif
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Nov '13 22:511 edit
    [b]Expand Your Internet Vocabulary on RHP

"IRC Information: Emoticons"
    ;-)

:-) Smile with a nose
    ;-) Wink with a nose
    : D ;D Very Wide Grin (4 lolof)
    :* Kisses
    :**: Returning Kiss

:I Hmmm... (forum mods)
    :[ Real Downer
    :-< Forlorn
    :x My lips are sealed
    :-o Oh, nooooooo! (4 coquette)

:-! Foot in mouth - oops! (4 gb)
    } ...[text shortened]... rcinfo/emoticons.html

Postscript: Please enjoy your expanded internet vocabulary on RHP. (gb)[/b]
    "Selfie named word of the year for 2013"

By Ben Brumfield, CNN updated 12:24 PM EST, Tue November 19, 2013

"Tom Hanks takes a selfie with fellow actor Steve Martin at the 2013 Governors Awards. "Selfie" has been named the global by Oxford Dictionaries. Click through the gallery to see other celebrities taking selfies. Tom Hanks takes a selfie with fellow actor Steve Martin at the 2013 Governors Awards. "Selfie" has been named the global word of the year by Oxford Dictionaries. Click through the gallery to see other celebrities taking selfies.

Track star Usain Bolt takes a picture of himself under the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro. Oxford defines a selfie as "a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website." Singer Justin Bieber takes a selfie with a fan before appearing on NBC's "Today" show. Actress Angelina Jolie takes a photo of herself with a fan's camera at the Paris premiere of "World War Z." Actress Meryl Streep takes a photo of herself and Hillary Clinton after Clinton hosted a dinner for the Kennedy Center honorees in Washington. Even political figures are getting in on the trend. Here, British Prime Minister David Cameron takes a photograph with Olympic volunteer Anita Akuwudike in London.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS: Oxford's word of the year was "selfie" due to the drastic climb in usage this year. Oxford Dictionaries are renowned as the guardian of the English language. "Selfie" can be spelled with "ie" or with a "y" Usage has gone up 17,000% since this time last year. (CNN) -- The most esteemed guardian of the English language has bestowed a prestigious honor upon debatably the most embarrassing phenomenon of the digital age: the selfie. So, grab a smartphone, put on your best duck face and celebrate. Oxford Dictionaries' word for the year for 2013 is "selfie."

And when you share that filtered photo on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, you'll join not just Anthony Weiner and Geraldo, but millions of others around the world perpetuating a tradition started over a decade ago, Oxford says. The word "selfie" first popped up in an Australian chat room on September 13, 2002, to describe an undignified scene, the dictionaries' publishers believe. Related: Young drivers snap selfies behind wheel

This was the post: "Um, drunk at a mates 21st, I tripped ofer and landed lip first (with front teeth coming a very close second) on a set of steps. I had a hole about 1cm long right through my bottom lip. And sorry about the focus, it was a selfie." Yes, the first-ever known mention of the word "selfie" stemmed from an inebriated mouth with teeth protruding through its bottom lip.

Given those circumstances, Oxford may not much care how you spell it. You could go with "ie" or "y," as in "selfy." Oxford says that doesn't change the official definition: "A photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website." For years after its birth, "selfie" crept through the web largely unnoticed. But in 2012, the word of the year began its ascent to digital fame, Oxford says. Suddenly, everybody around the world was using the word, as they self-snapped away. Related: 'Selfies at funerals' must die

By August this year, Oxford proclaimed it a real English-language word and gave it a place in the dictionary -- but that was merely a stepping stone to lingual infamy. "Language research conducted by Oxford Dictionaries editors reveals that the frequency of the word selfie in the English language has increased by 17,000% since this time last year," Oxford wrote in justifying its choice.

"Selfie" beat out seven competitors, including "twerk," "schmeat" (synthetically produced meat) and "bitcoin" for the Word of the Year crown. "Selfie" is not slouching on its thrown, Oxford says of its word of the year. It has already been very productive, pumping out offspring. It has given birth to "helfie" -- a photo of one's own hair; "belfie" -- a snapshot of one's own backside; and "welfie" -- a selfie taken while working out, aka the most annoying kind. There's also the "drelfie" -- a photo of yourself when you're drunk. Fitting, since a drelfie in Australia was the first "selfie" that ever bore the name."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/19/living/selfie-word-of-the-year/
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 00:31

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree