1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 17:00
    I have discovered that several players here have more than one ID ! Please be alert to these scammers !! I dont know why they have more than one !
  2. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 17:01
    Originally posted by woadman
    I have discovered that several players here have more than one ID ! Please be alert to these scammers !! I dont know why they have more than one !
    Thanks for the 411 Sherlock.
  3. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 17:04
    Any more information from planet ZOG
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:01
    I don't know why people do this either. The only reason I can think of is so that they can play against themselves and win! Sad really isn't it.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:13
    It all started with that user who posted here, offering
    fake passports, marriage certificates, and national IDs.

I ordered 3, just in case.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:17
    I have heard that several players here are using chess engines ! Please alert to these cheaters !! I don't know why they would do this !
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:31
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    I don't know why people do this either. The only reason I can think of is so that they can play against themselves and win! Sad really isn't it.
    This makes me wonder...

Suppose I am playing games with players X and Y. X has white and Y has black. X opens. I play X's move as my opening against Y. Y moves. I play Y's move against X. And so on. I am not really playing, they are playing one another with me as the messenger.

As long as I don't get in time trouble, is this viable? It is certainly unsportsmanlike and is getting 'help,' but I am indifferent to the quality of the 'help.'

If X and Y have different RHP ratings and my rating is different from either, how will this strategy affect my rating?

I'm not well-organized enough to actually try this.
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:33
    Originally posted by JS357
    This makes me wonder...

Suppose I am playing games with players X and Y. X has white and Y has black. X opens. I play X's move as my opening against Y. Y moves. I play Y's move against X. And so on. I am not really playing, they are playing one another with me as the messenger.

As long as I don't get in time trouble, is this viable? It is certainly unspo ...[text shortened]... how will this strategy affect my rating?

I'm not well-organized enough to actually try this.
    reckon it would work if you kept your games below 3 or4
  9. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 18:41
    i've discovered that several members have posted false statements in the forums. OUTRAGEOUS!

I have also discovered, mind you, that several players have on occasion bumped threads for some unknown reasons which, to all appearances, happen to be nefarious. at minimum

I have also discovered that some members are actually playing chess here! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The shocking truth of it all.
  10. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 20:22
    Originally posted by coquette
    i've discovered that several members have posted false statements in the forums. OUTRAGEOUS!

I have also discovered, mind you, that several players have on occasion bumped threads for some unknown reasons which, to all appearances, happen to be nefarious. at minimum

I have also discovered that some members are actually playing chess here! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

The shocking truth of it all.
    Playing chess on a chess site,,,,,,, my giddy aunt
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 11:55
    Originally posted by Seitse
    It all started with that user who posted here, offering
    fake passports, marriage certificates, and national IDs.

I ordered 3, just in case.
    Sounds like they would come in handy for an International Man of Intrigue, such as yourself.
  12. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 14:07
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Sounds like they would come in handy for an International Man of Intrigue, such as yourself.
    Mystery, not intrigue. It sounds more dangerous.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 15:17
    And, you know, the alliteration thing.
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 15:26
    Sex & drugs & rock n roll.
  15. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 00:32
    i confess. I am not me here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree