Move along, nothing to see here.
    Keep the blinders on.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 May '16 21:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Keep the blinders on.
    Keep yourself stupid. Thinking always gets people into trouble.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 21:44
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Keep yourself stupid. Thinking always gets people into trouble.
    Keep yourself stupid?

Any suggestions about how to do that?
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    25 May '16 21:51
    Keep yourself stupid?

Any suggestions about how to do that?
    You're doing it.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 May '16 22:19
    Nope. Never heard of him, but I found this interesting, though I disagree with it.

Process theology

Process theology is a type of theology developed from Alfred North Whitehead's (1861–1947) process philosophy, most notably by Charles Hartshorne (1897–2000) and John B. Cobb (b. 1925). Process theology and process philosophy are collectively referred to as ...[text shortened]... bates within the field on the nature of God, the relationship of God and the world, and immortality.
    Thanks,
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 22:38
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You're doing it.
    Can you be more specific?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 May '16 22:39
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thanks,
    Your welcome. What did I do? 😉
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 May '16 21:23
    Adler, Alfred (1870–1937)

"An Austrian psychiatrist and one of Freud’s close associates. Adler broke away from Freud because of theoretical disagreements. He believed that social motives, rather than sexual drives, motivated people the most. He formed his own school of thought, which he called individual psychology. In Adler’s view, strivings for superiority drive people’s behavior. He thought mental disorders were characterized by extreme feelings of inferiority and a desire for superiority over others." http://www.sparknotes.com/psychology/psych101/majorfigures/characters.html
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 May '16 20:28
    Hippocrates

"Hippocratic Oath: Classical Version: I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art—if they desire to learn it—without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfill this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot."

—Translation from the Greek by Ludwig Edelstein. From The Hippocratic Oath: Text, Translation, and Interpretation, by Ludwig Edelstein. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1943. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/hippocratic-oath-today.html#classical
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 May '16 21:10
    [b]Hippocrates

"Hippocratic Oath: Classical Version: I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfill according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my lif ...[text shortened]... hns Hopkins Press, 1943. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/hippocratic-oath-today.html#classical[/b]
    You should really donate to wikipedia considering you steal so much of their "property".
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '16 21:22
    [b]Adler, Alfred (1870–1937)

"An Austrian psychiatrist and one of Freud’s close associates. Adler broke away from Freud because of theoretical disagreements. He believed that social motives, rather than sexual drives, motivated people the most. He formed his own school of thought, which he called individual psychology. In Adler’s view, strivings ...[text shortened]... riority over others." http://www.sparknotes.com/psychology/psych101/majorfigures/characters.html[/b]
    Yes, but what Adler failed to notice is that some people don't give a rat's ass how superior they seem to other people. People are amazingly similar, despite the desire of some to be seen as a 'special snowflake'. "Individual psychology" is almost as wrong as Freud's "sexual psychology". But he was right in one aspect. Freud was an amateur.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 May '16 21:42
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, but what Adler failed to notice is that some people don't give a rat's ass how superior they seem to other people. People are amazingly similar, despite the desire of some to be seen as a 'special snowflake'. "Individual psychology" is almost as wrong as Freud's "sexual psychology". But he was right in one aspect. Freud was an amateur.
    You can't argue with a somebody who has reached master level of copy-paste intelligence.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 04:13
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And who was the professional psychologist?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 May '16 04:193 edits
    Originally posted by Kegge
    You can't argue with a somebody who has reached master level of copy-paste intelligence.
    Kegge, what did people use to transport alpha/numeric data from one website to another or within a given website from one location to another location i.e., or thread before the advent of.....

"Cut, copy, and paste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut,_copy,_and_paste
    Wikipedia: In human–computer interaction, cut and paste and copy and paste are related commands that offer a user-interface interprocess communication technique for ..."
    Moves
    28 May '16 12:27
    Kegge, what did people use to transport alpha/numeric data from one website to another or within a given website from one location to another location i.e., or thread before the advent of.....

"Cut, copy, and paste - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut,_copy,_and_paste
    Wikipedia: In human–computer interaction, cut and ...[text shortened]... that offer a user-interface interprocess communication technique for ..."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree