1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 08:43
    Game of Thrones
    I initially thought - wow that was wild and interesting - but I remember Ghost of a Duke condemning it here on the GF and so I went off and looked into why balls-to-the-wall fans were so disappointed - and I came to the conclusion that he was right. Indeed, I was persuaded that the entire final series was pants.

Meanwhile, Succession just called it a day with an absolutely perfect ending to its fourth series.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 08:49
    The Americans was a really good series and the last episode was hugely unpredictable and was topped off with a very satisfying ending and last line.

Another great series [probably a class above The Americans] was Deadwood but it ended very abruptly which was massively disappointing [not to mention baffling] at the time. Turns out the people who'd made it had had the plug pulled, and the money stopped, even though the story hadn't reached a conclusion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 08:51
    I gather that Seinfeld's last episode was received very poorly by most of the show's ardent fans.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 09:25
    @fmf said
    Game of Thrones
    I initially thought - wow that was wild and interesting - but I remember Ghost of a Duke condemning it here on the GF and so I went off and looked into why balls-to-the-wall fans were so disappointed - and I came to the conclusion that he was right. Indeed, I was persuaded that the entire final series was pants.

Meanwhile, Succession just called it a day with an absolutely perfect ending to its fourth series.
    Never watched Game of Thrones despite my wife being totally addicted to it. I did manage to catch one of the scenes where the blond dragon woman was getting “sorted out” every which way by some massive bearded gladiatorial guy though.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 09:26
    @fmf said
    The Americans was a really good series and the last episode was hugely unpredictable and was topped off with a very satisfying ending and last line.

Another great series [probably a class above The Americans] was Deadwood but it ended very abruptly which was massively disappointing [not to mention baffling] at the time. Turns out the people who'd made it had had the plug pulled, and the money stopped, even though the story hadn't reached a conclusion.
    You consume a lot of TV FMF.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 09:58
    @divegeester said
    No TV whatsover, actually. I don't even have one. I do however download series and the occasional film and watch them on my computer. I probably watch about six to eight TV series a year and 2-3 films. This year so far: The Bear series 1, Picard series 3, Succession series 4 , Hunters series 2, Fauda series 4. All good.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 10:13
    @fmf said
    No TV whatsover, actually. I don't even have one.
    πŸ˜„πŸ™„
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 13:35
    @FMF
    rookie analysis follows

the only reason jon snow killed daenerys targaryen is he didn't want to be the king that was banging his aunt while her pet dragon siffed his derriere
    the lannister incest was enough
    otherwise, the whole story was beautiful!
    interwoven and complex
    but even in a world where dragons exist, people enjoy various methods of dispatch, and sex is as common and insignificant as eating an egg,

this had all the excitement of an epic three page cowboy poem that failed to make anyone laugh

i even asked hbo for my money back
    i haven't yet threatened to write a snarky rhyme about their mothers and certain insinuations regarding the lizards they keep for pets, but, i'm keeping my powder dry

yer analysis of deadwood is spot on
    not gonna watch succession, just a personal decision

i recommend watching most shows on as large a screen as possible
    good thread
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 13:43
    The end of the western-set-in-the-C21st series Justified was absolutely perfect as we finally found out the simple fact that had bound the show's goodie and baddie together throughout.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 14:22
    @divegeester said
    You consume a lot of forum time Gooster. πŸ™‚ πŸ˜›

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 14:23
    @FMF

Are you looking for a T.V. or just can't afford one?

-VR
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 20:50
    @fmf said
    Game of Thrones

Spoiler alert.

GoT was great in Seasons 1-4, good in 5 and 6 and then had a total meltdown. The last Season was an implausible, unmitigated disaster. Both major story arcs were settled in the most unimaginative, lazy way possible. An army of the dead, millennia in the making, that was capable of wiping out whole armies in minutes gets destroyed because Arya jumps out of a tree and stabs the guy? After 7 seasons of being a hero, Dany burns King's Landing to the ground AFTER they surrender? WTF?

The whole last season really was terrible. In the first 2 episodes, nothing happened and the conclave at the end was almost childish.

The biggest contrast in series was with its temporal peer (more or less) Breaking Bad, which stuck its landing like Nadia Comăneci in her prime.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 21:361 edit
    @sh76 said
    After 7 seasons of being a hero, Dany
    Well, there's where you thirsty fanboys go wrong. She was never a hero. She always was just another psycho in a psychos' world. You just never saw it because unlike Tyrion, she was pretty and blonde.

Dany's story was the perfect end to the series. The only thing bad about season 7 was that they faked a "good" ending. They should've all died. Yes, her as well.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 21:45
    All obsessed with USA based series (generally)

I thought Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes fabricated a very decent ending

Unlike it's USA based copy series
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '23 22:201 edit
    @blood-on-the-tracks said
    All obsessed with USA based series (generally)

I thought Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes fabricated a very decent ending

Unlike it's USA based copy series
    Well, if we're including English series, there's only one candidate for best, is there?

"Good luck, everyone. blows whistle"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree